Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell's laided back, non-chalante type of attitude has never bothered me, until...

flexxskins

I thought you said that Walters was so good.. you are now already going after Campbell? :silly:

:laugh: You caught me hedging my bet a little.

I can respect your loyalty, but Using your criteria Brady would still be Bledsoes backup. I think we can agree that Brunnell is not our future. I believe he is not even our present.... But I can live with your disagreement. Good luck to you.

Brunell is a starter.. Ramsey is a third stringer ( I believe )..

Brunell is only a starter HERE because of the situation and because of Gibbs.

Brunell would probably have started the season as QB in Oakland. Though he'd likely have been benched there just like Brooks was. It's pretty clear that Brooks was not the only problem with that team. Sheesh they're bad and unprepared.

Pick another team that Mark would start on. I'm thinking... Most teams that he MIGHT start with, I'd bet would only do so because of his name and experience INITIALLY but he'd get benched like guys tend to do in this league (EXCEPT HERE, unless your name is Patrick.)

Brunell would probably have started the season as QB in Oakland. Though he'd likely have been benched there just like Brooks was. It's pretty clear that Brooks was not the only problem with that team. Sheesh they're bad and unprepared.

Pick another team that Mark would start on. I'm thinking... Most teams that he MIGHT start with, I'd bet would only do so because of his name and experience INITIALLY but he'd get benched like guys tend to do in this league (EXCEPT HERE, unless your name is Patrick.)

Agreed. Well Parcells can be as hard headed, so possibly Dallas without Bledsoe.

:laugh: You caught me hedging my bet a little.

I can respect your loyalty, but Using your criteria Brady would still be Bledsoes backup. I think we can agree that Brunnell is not our future. I believe he is not even our present.... But I can live with your disagreement. Good luck to you.

I do think that MB is our present.

I do think that JC is our future.

There isn't too much of a disagreement here.

I am not so sure that I can agree with that but.. ok.

Brooks sucked in NO. Randy Moss ( the team captain) even said that the players are open to not playing hard. They play when they want and they do not feel like playing now.

He was supposed to get benched last year and then he did enough to help us win. Forgive Gibbs and CO if they think he can do it again.

I guarantee you Mark Brunell wouldn't make their roster except as 3rd QB.

And you may not have been looking but Pennington and his arm (and the much-maligned Lav Coles) are carrying that team right now.

They make our offense look like the Three Stooges and they have NO run game. NONE.

Guess a weak-armed QB CAN get it done so long as he's an intelligent QB who can read Ds and USE THE POCKET.

And going past that, no one is saying Ramsey is a superstar. My point is that you take a guy out of a good situation where he actually learned a system and put him in a new one and he's going to struggle. Now, Ramsey is no Brees, don't get me wrong but he finally put it together in San Diego before he left for NO. That is significant.

Fair enough, and I have no idea where Mark would be on their depth chart. If we was 2nd, then it would definently just be from his experience as he isn't going to beat anyone outright for the position the way he's been playing.

But Patrick is still behind the rookie QB from Oregon, he's 3rd string on a mediocre team. He's obviously not very good; even if we had kept him and started him over Mark we still wouldn't be going anywhere.

Holdman is on the bench. Carter is rotated out (a lot.) McIntosh gets the nod, provided he's healthy.
Definently agree with these. Blache needs to rethink his D-Line mentality. Andre is not a layman, smashmouth, point-of attack, run-stuffing DE. He just doesn't have the size for that, if he's going to be effective we're going to have to start rushing him from the outside more. The Blache D-Line is getting run over, time for a serious change there.

Holdman needs to take a seat.

No one has yet to answer this question for me... Maybe you can?

Is the inability to throw the ball downfield fault on MB or the play calling?

If I remember correctly, I remember hearing that we want to get the ball to our WRs quick and allow them to make a play with ther feet.. which they are doing/trying to do.

I don't blame you for not really wanting our opinions on this question, because when you think about it; what the hell do we really know about why certain plays are or aren't being called.

The coaches will tell you that it has been because every team is playing the cover two on us. But the play calling appears to be so repetitious, that it would appear to be that either the offense has not grasped the entire playbook or that there are just alot of plays that Brunell is unable to pull off.

That was kind of giving my opinion, wasn't it? :doh:

I'm sure the playcalling has deep routes...unfortunately MB can't throw it accurately that far. Or see them for that matter. Even if he could it takes him 5 seconds to wind up and throw it. Which also answers why they have the theory of throwing short and making long gains. There you go, your question has been answered.

Your welcome

I don't know if your "wind up and throw it" theory is correct or not, but I definitly noticed a couple of throws yesterday and other games where Brunell gets the ball to the receiver too late. The ball is getting there after the defender has already had a chance to regain any slack in coverage.

There was one play in paticular that I can remember right off the bat where Brunell threw a pass to Moss, who had no one between him and the endzone and the ball was thrown short. Moss had to actually come back and in essence become a CB and bat the ball away.

I don't know if Brunell had to wind up or if he just didn't see Moss early enough, but that was just another opportunity squandered.

Are you kidding? Go back and look at the thread about the first preseason game at Cincy. The man was laughing and joking. I thought it was terrible. Most people said, "He's a veteran, and it's just preseason."

Well, it ain't preseason anymore.

When you're getting paid big bucks to play marginally, you'd be laughing too.

brunell should have retired last year. he is awful and so is our defense. if joe gibbs cant see he needs a change at qb, he needs to go back to nascar. my god, i have never seen a team play any worse than the redskins have played this year. i dont know why the defense is so bad but the skins have a good group of receivers. brunell just cant get the ball to them. give us a decent qb and the skins will put a lot of points up.

I think there is an old saying thats appropriate here.

"Laughing all the way to the bank"

Im sure he would prefer to win because he increases his potential for future income, but hes probably smiling/laughing at the fans booing because hes thinking, I just made $200,000 for playing like crap and losing to the worst team in the league and it doesnt matter because I will start again next week and continue collecting my pay the rest of the season at least. These fans can boo all they want.

I think there is an old saying thats appropriate here.

"Laughing all the way to the bank"

Im sure he would prefer to win because he increases his potential for future income, but hes probably smiling/laughing at the fans booing because hes thinking, I just made $200,000 for playing like crap and losing to the worst team in the league and it doesnt matter because I will start again next week and continue collecting my pay the rest of the season at least. These fans can boo all they want.

I know that that sounds inhuman, but I swear after watching that pass and watching him walk back to the locker room, thats exactly what it looked like he was he was thinking.

Now, I that it is ridiculous to try and assume what another person might be thinking. But there is really something to be said for actions and body language. His really erked me this week.

this freaking lefty brunell is one of the most embrrassing addition to redskins that i can think of in a long time. fraking lucky **** would not be starting anywhere else but here and everybody knows that. If he was a free agent right now, u think any team would pick him up as a starting QB? hell no. i cant stand this freaking guy. he cant play, he was never that good to begin with.

at least when ramsey got sacked or was frustrated, he showed it. at least he showed that he was pissed off and that he cared.

get this freaking brunell out of DC now. he aint no redskins. he aint nothing. u aint nothing brunell. stop acting like u a good QB for the redskins u pathetic moron. cant believe we gave him that phat contract and a 3rd pick for this piece of ****.

this freaking lefty brunell is one of the most embrrassing addition to redskins that i can think of in a long time. fraking lucky **** would not be starting anywhere else but here and everybody knows that. If he was a free agent right now, u think any team would pick him up as a starting QB? hell no. i cant stand this freaking guy. he cant play, he was never that good to begin with.

at least when ramsey got sacked or was frustrated, he showed it. at least he showed that he was pissed off and that he cared.

get this freaking brunell out of DC now. he aint no redskins. he aint nothing. u aint nothing brunell. stop acting like u a good QB for the redskins u pathetic moron. cant believe we gave him that phat contract and a 3rd pick for this piece of ****.

You should have stuck with the Battlestar Galactica type of cursing, you got a little carried away there at the end. :)

I know that that sounds inhuman, but I swear after watching that pass and watching him walk back to the locker room, thats exactly what it looked like he was he was thinking.

Now, I that it is ridiculous to try and assume what another person might be thinking. But there is really something to be said for actions and body language. His really erked me this week.

I completely agree with that. When he was walking around talking to the other players, it was like he he had won the game. He really doesn't care as much as we do. I didn't talk to anyone that night, didn't answer my phone. I couldn't. He just doesn't care that much. Id love to have Favre that wants it as bad as we do. Even if we lose. Brunell never has had that mentality in his whole career. He makes me sick. ANd the worst thing about it all, is I love Gibbs, but he is starting to make me sick with this loyalty. This team desperately needs a spark. Why not change the qb. Nothing to lose, at least it will make the fans happy. The people that are paying for all these crap players.

All you guys who can read someone's inner-most thoughts by an expression on the sideline of a football game should go to work for Homeland Secuirity. I am sure you would have all the terrorists arrested by sundown.
Most of the quotes here are in response to not only Brunell's expressions, but his actions. For example, throwing the football into quadruple coverage when we had plenty of time on the clock to put together some type of drive.

Most of the quotes here are in response to not only Brunell's expressions, but his actions. For example, throwing the football into quadruple coverage when we had plenty of time on the clock to put together some type of drive.

I counted 6 that were near that ball. Maybe had somewhere to go right after the game. Didn't want to go too OT. Got to be some reason he threw that ball. Gibbs and Brunell are always praying for wins. I think God has more pressing issues then football.

I know! Maybe he was trying to throw it away but just couldn't quite make it to the sidelines. :laugh:

Is this plausible?

the last throw by him showed that he doesn't care...who in their right mind throws a hailmary on 1st down with 68 seconds left...that pretty said to me that he gave up and doesn't care...no effort from him

His toe was hurting.. that was super smart.. Throwing it to the other team got the game over quicker so he could go get a band-aid..

At this point, I have had it with Brunell.

Yes alot of people, may say its just a game.... it's not! When a bunch of us go out and play football on sat afternoon, its just a game. These guys are being paid to do a job. If you screw up at your job, do you just tell your boss and the people you work with "it's just my job"... try it, and see how long you last there!

I counted 6 that were near that ball. Maybe had somewhere to go right after the game. Didn't want to go too OT. Got to be some reason he threw that ball. Gibbs and Brunell are always praying for wins. I think God has more pressing issues then football.
It's funny that you should bring that up. I have never really understood/believed one should pray/thank God for a win. If a coach or player must involve God in sports, maybe he/she should just pray and thank God for strength and no injuries to either team. :2cents:

At this point, I have had it with Brunell.

Yes alot of people, may say its just a game.... it's not! When a bunch of us go out and play football on sat afternoon, its just a game. These guys are being paid to do a job. If you screw up at your job, do you just tell your boss and the people you work with "it's just my job"... try it, and see how long you last there!

Good point. :applause:

It's funny that you should bring that up. I have never really understood/believed one should pray/thank God for a win. If a coach or player must involve God in sports, maybe he/she should just pray and thank God for strength and no injuries to either team. :2cents:

Always thought the exact same thing.

Unless god is into sports gambling, I don't think he gets involved with the outcome of games... :doh:

Archived