Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell's laided back, non-chalante type of attitude has never bothered me, until...

flexxskins

I accepted long ago that the outcome of games means much more to the fans of a team than it does to the players.

Millions of dallors makes the outcome secondary.

We, the fans, are the only ones who REALLY care.

Well said!!!! 15 to 20 years ago when the players were not making the millions & millions of $$$$ they are today a successful career was defined by winning and Championships. Now days it's all about "how much money can I make before I retire". Championships mean less & less to today's players as they make more & more money. Let's face it, it's almost as if the NFL really has become another WWF.....entertainment only!!!

I'm sorry, but Randle El is a prime example of this: In the Redskins glory days of the 80's & 90's can you imagine a player like him bolting from the Redskins right after they won the Super Bowl??? Players back then would have been more concerned about defending their Super Bowl title rather than leaving a championship team to go for the big big bucks. Free agency has killed true pro football and belittled it to nothing more than simple entertainment. I wonder what George Hales, Vince Lombardi, and the rest of the coaches from yesterday would think of the NFL if they saw it today?????

he threw that ball up for grabs at the end of the game the way he did. Even then I wasn't bothered, but then they put the camera on him as he walked towards the locker room and there just seemed to be a smug, "it's only a game" type of look/smile on his face.

Did anyone else pick up on this today or any other day?

It's because he's such a bible-thumping Christian. All those people are like that. their own kids could die and they'd just smile it off because "god loves me"

I accepted long ago that the outcome of games means much more to the fans of a team than it does to the players.

Millions of dallors makes the outcome secondary.

We, the fans, are the only ones who REALLY care.

It sucks as a Redskins fan because there are teams like the Saints who dont have many stars at all on defense and they are out there stunning teams. They are playing with so much heart that it is crazy. Then you look at our pathetic defense with guys like Daniels talking about the right side, Andre Carter acting like he broke the all time sack record with his measly second sack, Rogers getting abused by Drew Bennet, and Vince Young who was criticized for not even being a great passer in college, finding receivers deep on 4th and 2. This team is truely pathetic and you can only thank Snyder for making these guys feel like they dont have to prove themselves to earn their money. Just have a cool name or a signature play and snider will make you the highest paid at your position in league history.

Are you kidding? Go back and look at the thread about the first preseason game at Cincy. The man was laughing and joking. I thought it was terrible. Most people said, "He's a veteran, and it's just preseason."

Well, it ain't preseason anymore.

You actually got mad at that? Why? Did you get mad at Portis, Moss, Cooley etc when they did it as well?

It's because he's such a bible-thumping Christian. All those people are like that. their own kids could die and they'd just smile it off because "god loves me"
Your quote has to be one of the most ignorrant rants that I have ever read here.

I am sure that being a christian has helped him deal with alot of adversities in life that might otherwise had taken a toll on him.

There are alot of christians in the NFL that go out on the field every week and damn near take other players heads off. They scream, jump up and down just like everyone else. Everyone is different. Players could either handle things calmly or they could act like TO.

"All those people?" :doh:

The biggest reason why I started this thread was that the combination of the pass that Brunell threw and his demeanor as he walked back to the locker room really concerned me. But, at no time did I think that his christianity had anything to do with any of the two. It would definitly seem that you are alone in your thinking, because in six pages of quotes, not one person other than yourself has believed that that is what the reason to his actions was.

You actually got mad at that? Why? Did you get mad at Portis, Moss, Cooley etc when they did it as well?
Who said that he was mad? It is just part of his name. :)

Anyway, if fans see players on their favorite team laughing it up after they have just loss a game, it is disturbing. Fans usually invest alot of money in their teams (especially the Redskins) and it's not to watch them lose and then have a good time afterwards like it is totally meaningless to them.

Take extreme caution with that statement...

It is offensive to some...and it also shows your ignorance on an unprecedented level. To this day it remains the world's largest religion...and at every NFL game you see athletes from both squads gathering on the field for prayer. A lot of players thank God for their talent / gifts...in just about every sport on the planet.

Leinart just lost after his coach got scared and played for the FG.

And he looked extremely disappointed and made perfunctory greetings and left the field.

Unlike some Qbs we know who are smiling and laughing after losses.

Wow, amazing timing and damn good point.

You can tell that that loss affects him. I feel sorry for the kid.

Leinart just lost after his coach got scared and played for the FG.

And he looked extremely disappointed and made perfunctory greetings and left the field.

Unlike some Qbs we know who are smiling and laughing after losses.

And their entire team will probably be so pissed that they destroy their opponent next week. Something the redskins couldnt even do against a bad titans team starting a rookie at QB against us in our own house. What a pathetic joke. We can't start our 2nd year QB yet their rookie can beat our 12 year vet with nothing like Moss, Portis, Cooley, Randel El, Lloyd on offense, and their defense is total ass, which ours really isnt. WHOOHOOOOO! GO BRUNELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived