Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When to start looking towards the WILD CARD

FunBunch7

We are 2 games back of Philly yet we still play them twice. They still have some tough games ahead vs. Indy, Jax, Carolina, Atlanta as well as the remainder of the division gameas at Dallas and at NY Giants.

I still have hope of winning the division but it will be an uphill climb. I am expecting to be 3-4 at our bye week with the win obviously coming vs the Titans and the loss coming at Indy. We could beat Indy as their run defense is poor but you never know which team will show up for us so I have it as a loss but it would be a nice surprise if we won.

This team WILL turn it around and put together some wins...we have a favorable schedule down the stretch.

If the eagles get out to a 3 game lead over us, I think it will be time to just start rooting for them to knock off "would be" wild card contenders to help us out in getting a wild card.

As long as we are back only 2 games with 2 to play vs Philly, we still got a shot.

Dallas is about to implode and the Giants still have serious questions.

As much as I hate to say it I think Philly is the team to beat in the NFC East this year. McNabb is having an MVP-caliber start to this season. The main thing we need to do is not lose more NFC games. We already have more NFC losses this year than we did all of last year so it's going to be tough to win the wild card. I'd say 4 or more NFC losses might KO us from the playoffs unless we can somehow win this division. Bottom line is we need to step it up big time.

As much as I hate to say it I think Philly is the team to beat in the NFC East this year. McNabb is having an MVP-caliber start to this season. The main thing we need to do is not lose more NFC games. We already have more NFC losses this year than we did all of last year so it's going to be tough to win the wild card. I'd say 4 or more NFC losses might KO us from the playoffs unless we can somehow win this division. Bottom line is we need to step it up big time.

The positive I garnered from watching the Eagles last night is that they are susceptible to the run. If Julius Jones can run for 100 on them, Portis certainly can. Portis didn't do badly against the Giants yesterday despite atrocious blocking.

I don't think they are unbeatable, but we have to keep McNabb off the field and control the ball to have a chance...same deal as when we play Indy.

Key will be not letting their DL have its way with Brunell in passing situations...and the only way to do that is by having a balanced attack like we did against Jacksonville, keeping their defense off balance.

I know Barber didn't do much against them, but that was in large part because NY was always playing catchup.

Of all our remaining games, I'm least optimistic about Nov 12...because we haven't shown that we can maintain a high level of intensity against good opponents this year.

Archived