Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

chris berman picks us to win???

...and their left Tackle will get abused...

Um, I dont get this comment at all. First I guess which left tackle are you talking about (offensive or defensive)? Second, who on our O-line is gonna abuse John Henderson?! I dont know much about their (offensive) left tackle, but Our right side of the D-line got "abused" by the Vikings, and with the cowboys very suspect offensive line, we couldnt get any kind of rush even with a blitz. I had to work for last weeks game, but what if anything could make you think that our D-line was going to abuse anyone, after getting only 1 sack against the team that sets records every year for giving them up?

I think the Jags are a bit overrated. They beat the Cowboys at home, mainly because Bledsoe turned it over too much. They beat the Steelers at home too in Big Ben's first real game after a couple of tough injuries and still only mustered 9 pts. I am in Indy and while their running game did look good against the Colts, the Colts run D is horrid (see NYG game)and even they shut it down in the 2nd half. I am not sold on Leftwich, Skins should stack the line against the run and blitz Leftwich, he has a slow release and doesn't have a receiving corps that scares me. I do think our pass offense has to step up, especially downfield. Portis and Betts and Duckett are going to have trouble breaking big runs against this D. I would like to see Saunders do what he said he was going to do against Dallas and THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD!! With Moss and B. Lloyd who are absolute burners, let them take a run and have Brunell actually throw more than a 5 yard pass. This will at least loosen the Jags D up a little to make the run game and underneath stuff easier. I think the Skins will prevail - 21-10. Randle El will take a punt return to the house ala T. Wilkins of the Colts last week!:logo: :notworthy

complete overstatement. while leftwich's release resembles a windup, he still gets it out of there fast enough and with a lot of mustard. and everyone on the recieving corps is 6'4 and up, which scares me plenty due to our smallish CB/DB's.

complete overstatement. while leftwich's release resembles a windup, he still gets it out of there fast enough and with a lot of mustard. and everyone on the recieving corps is 6'4 and up, which scares me plenty due to our smallish CB/DB's.

May I ask just who do you consider "smallish?" From my knowledge the shortest DB or safety is in the 5'11-6'0 range. Who is "Smallish?

He must be looking at the success we had last year, when Portis was healthy and carried the ball for more than 20 touches a game. Having heard Clinton, now, feels good and is ready to give it all he's got, Berman's assumption is the short, and long passing game, will now, also, show some success. The onus is on the secondary. They need to shut down Byron Leftwich's options. Sacking him three times in this game might help. If we can keep the score low and close, we have a chance of winning it on field goal. I love them close games. Hail Redskins!

Archived