Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Blondie

Redskins75

What in the blue hell is wrong with you guys? Seriously, if your that skull ****ed, just come out and say it. He has been great on special teams for us. Yes, the blockers have to block, but the damn returner has to be able to follow blocks, make reads, anticipate blocks, and hit the holes. You mofos are some ungrateful ****es sometimes.........

Hey I like the guy, but you just can't fumble. He is a great guy, and I want him to succeed, but for the amount of times he carries, he puts it on the ground too much. And if you read some of the other posts, I am not the only one who thinks this way. Sorry everyone can't agree with you. Oh, and calling people Mofos is pretty CLASSLESS

Hey I like the guy, but you just can't fumble. He is a great guy, and I want him to succeed, but for the amount of times he carries, he puts it on the ground too much. And if you read some of the other posts, I am not the only one who thinks this way. Sorry everyone can't agree with you. Oh, and calling people Mofos is pretty CLASSLESS

Its not that, but look how many times Portis fumbled his first year here. Where are all the Portis haters?????? Where? Speak up now!!!!!

That's my point......

Lets look at this, Portis fumbles 5 times in 2004 with 4 of them lost. Rock does not fumble at all. Rock fumbles 1 time in 2005 and it is lost while Portis fumbles 3 times and 2 are lost.

What are you going to base your judgement on? Of course Portis is one of the best backs in the league, of course Rock is a 3rd/2nd stringer at best. But he is valuable on special teams because every goddamn week, he puts his body/career on the line by running full speed at 200-300lb angry mother ****ers waiting to get hit.

Bite me if you don't like Rock.

GO ROCK!!!

He has had two great games in a row. Everyone that wants to hate on him and talk smack to you can suck it up and realize why he is valuable to our team.

You are right, he has value in his spots. But after what happened in KC last year and after that play, I'd say his spot is definately not carrying the ball on game ending drives. Excellant special teamer and a good guy in a pinch to give a another back a breather, but I really hope he's not going to be a feature back on anymore game ending drives. :2cents:

And Betts kick return for a TD last year at Tampa Bay wasn't all blocking? How many other times had Betts scored a TD on a KR? Anyways, Rock has been getting us great field position off of KRs, much better than last year with Ladell. And why do you think he was trying to throw the game away? he has to be the best team player on the roster. And you should watch the game more closely because if any other running back was in the position Rock was in, they would have fumbled it. It was a jarring hit and no one could have held on to the ball. And since you say and RB on the waiver wire can do what Rock does, why don't we pick one of them up? You wanna know why? Because they can't do what Rock does. Rock is just as good a RB as Betts, its just Rock never gets the opportunities.
No way Rock is as good as Betts. Just like Betts is not as good as Portis. Quit drinkin kool-aid please. I don't like to see anyone get hit like ROCK did, but it is a fact that Houston could have been right back in the game after that fumble. I applaud Rock for his huge efforts but he is not a very good rb unless the line Dominates the d. If they don't road-grade he doesn't do squat. But thanks for playing hard Rock and giving it everything because that's what it's all about.

You are right, he has value in his spots. But after what happened in KC last year and after that play, I'd say his spot is definately not carrying the ball on game ending drives. Excellant special teamer and a good guy in a pinch to give a another back a breather, but I really hope he's not going to be a feature back on anymore game ending drives. :2cents:

Well, we were up 16 points when he started getting alot of carries. I love the guy, he has more TDs than Duckett as of now and I don't see Ducketts big butt returning kicks. I wish they would utilize Duckett, but Rock, to me, is more valuable to the team than Duckett right now.

Well, we were up 16 points when he started getting alot of carries. I love the guy, he has more TDs than Duckett as of now and I don't see Ducketts big butt returning kicks. I wish they would utilize Duckett, but Rock, to me, is more valuable to the team than Duckett right now.

I'm not real sure why you quoted me with that response, but why was he carrying the ball instead of Betts? I don't think I said anything about Duckett, but that's cool.

I'm not real sure why you quoted me with that response, but why was he carrying the ball instead of Betts? I don't think I said anything about Duckett, but that's cool.

I probably quoted you after my 12th beer. I know, personal foul, Redskins75, loss of posting privileges, first down!!!!!! :cheers:

No way Rock is as good as Betts. Just like Betts is not as good as Portis. Quit drinkin kool-aid please. I don't like to see anyone get hit like ROCK did, but it is a fact that Houston could have been right back in the game after that fumble. I applaud Rock for his huge efforts but he is not a very good rb unless the line Dominates the d. If they don't road-grade he doesn't do squat. But thanks for playing hard Rock and giving it everything because that's what it's all about.

I am drinking Gatorade:D , but seriously, if that was Portis that fumbled in that situation, I don't think you would bash him like you are bashing Rock.

I am drinking Gatorade:D , but seriously, if that was Portis that fumbled in that situation, I don't think you would bash him like you are bashing Rock.

exactly. And I am sorry, but the fact Rock is back there returning kicks so Portis or someone else doesn't have to, means he is risking his body for the better of the team. And he's pretty damn good at doing that if you ask me.

Thank you very much for the thread.

I have read all of the responses.

I know everyone has an opinion.

I know what mine is............and everyone who does not agree is wrong.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JUST KIDDING.........in case there are those who want to say I am being rude to them and want to tattle.

He is a very good utility player......and he can run.

Thanks again.

Blondie

He tried his hardest to throw this game away just like he did with the KC game last year.

any RB on the waiver wire can do what he does.

The kick return td was all blocking

1. So Mark Brunell fumbling 3 times vs. KC was overshadowed by Rock's 1?

2. You obviously never knew any special teamers. It isnt something just anybody can do well and Rock does what he does very well.

3. Portis' TD run was all blocking, his big catch was all blocking, Betts' 124 yards was all blocking, Brunell completing 22/22 was all because of blocking. That can be said for anything. Stop trying to belittle his accomplishments, everything in football is a team effort just like Rock's run back, that doesnt mean Rock didnt give it all of his effort and do a good job.

If anything Rock isnt stealing paychecks, James Thrash is.

Wonder when the next bandwagon will start....people were calling for Rock on a platter in pre-season....now they love him....yawn...yawn....yawn

Show me a post where I called for Rock's head. I challenge you. You can't so you have lost before you even got started troll.

I will however give you the benefit from being from Canada. Your Canadian and your confused. :D

Thank you very much for the thread.

I have read all of the responses.

I know everyone has an opinion.

I know what mine is............and everyone who does not agree is wrong.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JUST KIDDING.........in case there are those who want to say I am being rude to them and want to tattle.

He is a very good utility player......and he can run.

Thanks again.

Blondie

Well, standing by your favorite player, regardless of where he plays, means something. I admire you for sticking your neck out for a special teams player like Rock. 90% of the board sells him up the river, when they don't realize his value to the team.

I saw someone today saying "Rock blew his chance" or something to that effect. Chance for what? The man is a solid special teams player and he has had 100yd games when given the chance.

Thrash looked pretty good too, another unsung special teams guy.

Just a Rock-realted post I posted in another thread:

1) I'm really enjoying (in an ironic sort of way) the number of people who're saying that "that was a crucial time of the game. If that fumble gets run back for a TD, and if they get another TD, why, then we'd have had to put the starters back in."

2) I'm also enjoying (As I did against KC. And a few times when folks were referring to S Davis, too.) the number of people who seem to blame the ball carrier for all fumbles and for (in Davis' case) the 100-yard runback.

Rock's fumble got run back. Portis' (non-fumble) didn't. But niether player deserves blame/credit for either fact. (At least not solely.)

(BTW, side topic: Am I the only one who thinks that the rule that says that, if an untouched fumble goes out of bounds at the 1, then the fumbling team retains posession, (at the point of the fumble), but if it crosses the goal line and then goes out, then the other team gets it (and gains 20 yards on the deal, too), is perhaps beating out "The Tuck Rule" as the stupidest rule in the NFL?)

(BTW, side topic: Am I the only one who thinks that the rule that says that, if an untouched fumble goes out of bounds at the 1, then the fumbling team retains posession, (at the point of the fumble), but if it crosses the goal line and then goes out, then the other team gets it (and gains 20 yards on the deal, too), is perhaps beating out "The Tuck Rule" as the stupidest rule in the NFL?)

No you're not. It's amazingly stupid. It's as if they're assuming that if the ball hadn't gone out of bounds the opposing team would have recovered it. Ridiculous.

Show me a post where I called for Rock's head. I challenge you. You can't so you have lost before you even got started troll.

I will however give you the benefit from being from Canada. Your Canadian and your confused. :D

People is a general term...why would I think you could recognize that...read the earlier camp posts...than mouth off

Archived