Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Saunders: A Statistical Comparison.

illone

He's not having difficulties, his point is clear and VERY SIMPLE

Don't say that MOSS was open several times without being able to back it up. Throwing out statements like that doesn't add anything to the discussion. Other posters read it, assume its true, and then it spreads across the board. The thread can be about whatever, but we should keep the debate honest and truthful.

Again, this thread isn't to debate Moss, or how open he was. If you watched the game last night there were several cases where Brunell missed him. If you want evidence, just watch the game.

Come back when you know how to follow along with the actual topics.:ciao:

Again, this thread isn't to debate Moss, or how open he was. If you watched the game last night there were several cases where Brunell missed him. If you want evidence, just watch the game.

Come back when you know how to follow along with the actual topics.:ciao:

You brought it up and you can't back it up. I can understand why you want to move on.

"NO NO MAN IT'S NOT ABOUT MY BS ARGUMENTS THAT I CAN'T SUPPORT." :rolleyes:

You're the only one here having difficulties. Read the thread again, I'm sure you can find out where you screwed up. If not, maybe you are in the wrong place.

See ya.

So, you suggest that players, specifically Moss, was open many times, and Brunell just missed him. This is supposedly a slight against Brunell. However, you can't actually prove that Moss was open several times. Therefore, you have no way of knowing if Brunell was missing, or Moss was just shut down by one of the absolute best cover corners in the league, terrence Newman.

Your criticism of Brunell would have a better foundation if you could prove he was missing this wide-open Moss time and time again. Terrence Newman, when he's on, shuts his side of the field down. I don't think that can be construed as a slight against Brunell.

It really is a shame you can't follow your own thread.

So, you suggest that players, specifically Moss, was open many times, and Brunell just missed him. This is supposedly a slight against Brunell. However, you can't actually prove that Moss was open several times. Therefore, you have no way of knowing if Brunell was missing, or Moss was just shut down by one of the absolute best cover corners in the league, terrence Newman.

Your criticism of Brunell would have a better foundation if you could prove he was missing this wide-open Moss time and time again. Terrence Newman, when he's on, shuts his side of the field down. I don't think that can be construed as a slight against Brunell.

It really is a shame you can't follow your own thread.

:laugh:

Keep telling that to yourself. Moss was open on at least 3 plays that I saw last night and Brunell didnt get him the ball. And dont give me that crap about 'dont underestimate Newman's speed'. I think you're underestimating Moss's speed.

:laugh:

Keep telling that to yourself. Moss was open on at least 3 plays that I saw last night and Brunell didnt get him the ball. And dont give me that crap about 'dont underestimate Newman's speed'. I think you're underestimating Moss's speed.

Three occasions, eh? When did these occur? He was not open when he threw a fit leaving the field, at least not when Brunell looked his way. Newman had perfect coverage. he shut down Steve Smith last year. It's entirely possible he did the same to Moss.

Not only was Moss open on several occasions, but Lloyd was, too. So was Cooley.

You guys who want evidence are just squawking because you are Cowboys fans. Your attempts to derail the thread have worked, though, so good job on that. My bad for not having a coaches video uploaded yet. It's incoming to your mailbox, lol. If it makes you Cowboy fans feel better, there's a good chance that your DBs were playing soft because they had no respect for Brunell to get the ball out. The pass rush was certainly working as there was no real threat of the run, so they could just send the dogs after Brunell all night and it worked, clearly. So there, you happy now?

Again, the point of this thread has nothing to do with our receivers burning your guys. Do you think you get that now? I can't type any slower, guys;).

Regardless, this thread is in vain because there is no way we see the Jason Campbell era begin, at least not this week. Gibbs already said we were sticking with Brunell.

:(

i really wonder about gibbs's influence on saunder's playcalling. i saw alittle too much run run pass punt. i especially noticed this since gibbs made a point to run more this week. it seems like our best plays now are the WR screen (thanks spurrier!) and end around. :doh: i mean we don't even take shots to take shots. i never seen a qb take the snap and IMMEDIATELY look towards the sidelines. :doh:

oh yea what is going on with the oline? i never seen olinemen get pancaked so much during a game. rabach makes larry moore look like a future HOFer.

i really wonder about gibbs's influence on saunder's playcalling. i saw alittle too much run run pass punt. i especially noticed this since gibbs made a point to run more this week. it seems like our best plays now are the WR screen (thanks spurrier!) and end around. :doh: i mean we don't even take shots to take shots. i never seen a qb take the snap and IMMEDIATELY look towards the sidelines. :doh:

oh yea what is going on with the oline? i never seen olinemen get pancaked so much during a game. rabach makes larry moore look like a future HOFer.

You bring up a good point about why it may be Brunell and not the playcalling (even if you didn't mean to). Before the game, the coaching staff was saying that early in the game, they'd throw some long balls. Well, we didn't see a single long ball thrown the entire game. I know the receivers were running long routes, the balls just weren't getting thrown their way.

Obviously this has been pointed out before, that Brunell seems to have lost the ability to see downfield, but when the coaches say they're gonna call certain plays before the game, and you don't see them at all, it leaves you scratching your head.

There absolutley were instances were the WR's were open. Why? Because in all honesty Brunell did have time, but must have the worst pocket presence of a vet QB I have ever seen

On one sack, where Duckett did pick up the blitz, Brunell ran right into Ware

He isn't seeing the field at all, because at times he sitting there in the pocket, unmolested, pat ball, pat ball, oh no, run around in a circle right into the rushing d-lineman

SOMEONE HAS TO BE OPEN when a QB has 4 seconds to throw the ball and there are 4 WR's out running routes

I wanted to dig up some recent history on QB's under Al Saunders in their first couple seasons, and further, in their initial games under him. Now, this is not another bash Brunell thread, so please keep that to a minimum.

What I'm doing in this thread is comparing Saunders previous QB's in their first few games under him to each other. Brunell is included.

Kurt Warner, 1999, St Louis, Game one.

The Rams played Atlanta in their first try with Al Saunders. Here is what happened:

17/25 for 275 Yards (65%), 3TDs, 0 Ints, for a 144 rate. He also rushed for 1 TD. That's an 11 yard per attempt average.

Now, let's take a look at game two @ the Bengals:

17/21 for 310 yards(81%), 3 TDs, 0 Ints, and a 158.3 rating and 14 ypa.

The Rams were 2-0 at this point and Kurt Warner went on to become the league MVP. They won the SB that year.

Incredible stats for a modest, veteran QB in a totally new offense with a 700 page playbook. Looks like Warner didn't need much time to get comfortable. He had comparable playmakers to the 2006 skins, too.

Now, on to Trent Green:

Game one in 2001 under Saunders, KC played Oakland:

16/37 for 222 yards (43%), 1 TD, and 1 Int. 6 yards per attempt. KC lost.

Game two in 2001 KC lost again.

17/34 for 184 yards(50%), 0 TDs and 1 Int. 5 yards per attempt.

Green had his ups and downs in 2001, finishing with a 71 rating, and throwing for over 3700 yards. KC finished 6-10. The overall offense really took off the following year, in 2002, rising from the 15th ranked, up to the #1 ranked offense in the league.

Thanks for doing the research but actually, the first game for Kurt Warner in 1999 for the Rams and Al Saunders offense was against the BMore Ravens. They crushed them 27-10. Here were Warner's stats:

28/44 for 316 yards (64%), 3 TD's and 2 ints. 7 yards per attempt!

However, when you look at the offensive lines for all 3 teams (STL, KC and WASH) you will see that the O-Lines of the previous 2 teams were quite superior to ours. I know that Big Al did not have the compliment of WR's but he had an All Pro (Hall of Fame type player) TE in Gonzo.

We all need to be patient... Portis getting hurt in the preseason is the real cause for this uproar. Unfortunately, the team has lost some confidence because of his injury. They may not admit it publicly but internally they know that they can not do the things they want to because of CP's bum shoulder.

:dallasuck

Archived