Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

texaans game could be last for brunell

djspinoy

i honestly believe that brunell is in the same shoes next week as bledsoe was this week..if we get out to a slow start and are trailing the texans at the half and brunell is having his typical game, you will see joe bench him. this team needs a spark on offense. we have all the weapons in the world but nobody to give them the ball. dallas has a good "d" and the OL sucked monkey balls, so that has a lot to do with marks poor play, but i mean really can campbell do any worse than brunell? i think we should stick with mark this week but his leash is shorter than ever.

you really couldnt find a place to put this instead of starting a new thread?

Eh, let it go. We have bigger problems on our hands. Dont get me wrong, you're absolutely right but guess how many more threads like this one are gonna pop up. You gonna go and say the exact smae thing in everyone of those threads??? Might as well copy and paste. And oh yes, they are coming. All week long. :( I think the Brunell leash is a lot shorter then it has been, but I dont think he is on as short a leash as Ramsey was on. Brunell needs to play like a professional in the next two games or else I think we see Jason Campbell. I think seeing Jason Campbell will be a good thing though.

I don't want Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin to think I'm "mindlessly defending" Brunell again, but of course it's more complicated than that. Play calling (In general, not just pass plays), and receivers actually getting open plays a factor, but we can't speak of that since we haven't watched any tape. It's obvious Mark didn't play well, but it's not a sign of the apocalypse.

I just hope everyone remembers this game next week. Well be playing possibly the worst defense in the league, and brunell will most likely put up good numbers. His supporters will come on here trying to say they were right about staying with him.

However, everytime we play teams with a good defense will most likely have results like last night with brunell playing qb. So next week when brunell throws for a couple tds and has 200+ 300+ yrds, dont forget how bad last night was.

I just hope everyone remembers this game next week. Well be playing possibly the worst defense in the league, and brunell will most likely put up good numbers. His supporters will come on here trying to say they were right about staying with him.

However, everytime we play teams with a good defense will most likely have results like last night with brunell playing qb. So next week when brunell throws for a couple tds and has 200+ 300+ yrds, dont forget how bad last night was.

You don't think Brunell supporters could also bring up history to support him?

My thoughts exactly, smack500. :applause:

lets be honest, the O line looked like crap... that's true. But even when Brunell was getting the protection he needed he just made bad wobly throws.. where he was either overthrowing, but more often underthrowing receivers. His arm is done! I can only wish campbell starts sooner rather then later, because even if by some dumb luck we were extremely lucky to make it to the playoffs... Brunell can not get us through the playoffs. He is slow, has tunnel vision and a weak arm. i would rather chuck this season and use it for Campbells development.

Archived