Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your special grab-bag Mega-Merge thread for those who hate seeing padlocks

Quixote

rogers had a really good game, only significant catch against him was the T.O. slant for like 10 yards in the first, missed the int and had the good tackle on the T.O. screen near the goal line, the p.i. call only cost us 5 yards and was a weak call anyway...rumph played better and saved us a touchdown, wright wasnt any better this week though

we need springs to play against the faster wr's, rogers seem to always play solid against the bigger wr's like boldin and t.o., I think it was williamsons speed that killed him last week more than anything

Carlos had another bad game.

you obviously werent watching the same game, he had two catches against him, one for like 10 yards and one for no gain on the screen near the goal line, missed the int but he was there and a deflected pass is better than nothing, did had the pass interference but it only cost us like 5 yards

Teams have figured Williams out... nothing is going to change that. When we blitz we are being picked up and arent even getting close. Teams know to max protect and throw comeback routes since the corners are so hell bent on not getting beat deep. It's sickening. Flat out sickening. Gregg Williams needs to come off of his high horse and change some t hings around.

Yeah, your defense isn't the same. You can't afford to blitz without him in there. It totally changes your D. He should be back very soon though.

Hard to believe one guy can make that much of a difference. But in todays NFL, due to the salary cap there is a HUGE difference in talent from starters to backups, on EVERY TEAM and EVERY POSITION.

1st)I realize it MAY be possible that it's not all Brunell's fault and that the O-line has not done their job as expected...But when does a HOF coach decide that a change at QB can be a smart move at times?Not only is Campbell a 1st round pick,but a player of his youth and College backround could be a spark that this team needs for success...I can't imagine that Campbell doesn't have a better arm,I can't imagine that he doesn't have fresher legs,I can't imagine that he's not all banged up from a long career...So what's up?OK??So he may not have the whole playbook down at this time,but from the looks of it...He might just have a new OFF. Coor. next season as well,if this keeps up!You can't be a good player, if you spend your entire career on the bench!(See Todd Collins or Damen Huard)So when does he start for the Redskins...?When he's 30?

2nd)Who's calling the plays here?If this is Al saunders,I want the one in Kansas City...Not his clone! :doh: Don't get me wrong...I truly did not expect us to just jump right out of the gate and have Brunell throw for 400 yards..(see 1st QTR)But I did expect us to be significantly better than last season with some up and downs at times...We all new that it was going to take a while for this team to be in 100% in sinc,before we saw what ALL fans were fearing...We look worse than last season!Hell at this point,throw in Todd Collins if it's a playbook thing and the QB's trying to adjust...But this **** is rediculous.... :doh: We have trhown 0 TD's in 2 games...learning a new offense or NOT...This is really bad!

3rd)What happened to our defense?Granted our Offense has been doing the 3 & out routine on every drive it seems,but not blitzing Bledsoe when Julia Barberie could call better defensive schemes is quite pathetic!Fortunately...I don't think our defense is as bad as everyone here thinks right now...Defenses run on emotions and I don't think this one wants to CARRY this team like last year with no excuses...The Springs injury hurts,but either he is just that important or our depth is very bad!!But I promise we will see and improvement if the Offense decides to play football and not this other form of football I have been witnessing!Oh ya....Sean taylor is a beast!!But he can't do everything!

4th)I'm concerned right now with our coaching staff....Kinda like too many Generals and not enough infantry expressed with players can also be true with a coaching staff.... I wonder If Gibbs is just perplexed with the minds roaming fed Ex these days...One thing IS certain....Gibbs better pull some more magic out because this ship is sinking and sinking fast!I'm sure gibbs had a hard enough time winning with is own playbook and lost some games he would like back...but to lose with someone elses might make him very angry!But Gibbs is a humble man,but something needs to be said at the next Coaches meeting for sure!Right now....I would like to have Gibbs playbook back cause AL's kinda sucks!!

Throughout the whole game, my dad (whom is a lifelong Skins fan) was seeing all the sacks at the end of the game as a plot by the o-line to get Brunell injured. He thinks no one on the Skins roster actually wants Brunell playing. I know it's terrible to think, but it wasn't me. And I thought I'd let you all know cuz I thought it was kinda funny.

:2cents:

4. I finish building my time machine, and prevent the moment we signed this pile of Qbrap.

He's been our best option since Brad Johnson. Campbell should start next week, but lay off of Brunell. This team has signed guys who have done far worse. Archuleta is going to be one of them, right along with Deion, Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Mike Barrow, and Mark Carrier.

Throughout the whole game, my dad (whom is a lifelong Skins fan) was seeing all the sacks at the end of the game as a plot by the o-line to get Brunell injured. He thinks no one on the Skins roster actually wants Brunell playing. I know it's terrible to think, but it wasn't me. And I thought I'd let you all know cuz I thought it was kinda funny.

Well you got to remember that coach Gibbs is very loyal to his vetern QBs. I remember reading somewhere that Jay would never have gone in for Joe T if LT had not broken Joe's leg.

I could buy that. The receivers (especially Moss) seemed very frustrated by the 4th quarter. I also believe at the end of the 3rd, or early 4th, Brunell got sacked and Jansen just looked down at him, shook his head, and walked away.

I sense no love for Brunell, from the fans OR the team.

Archived