Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your special grab-bag Mega-Merge thread for those who hate seeing padlocks

Quixote

Guest Rafterman
I agree. Honestly, I don't mean to badmouth Gibbs, but if he can't see that Brunell can't get it done, he's blind.

For that matter, the final drive should've seen either Collins or Campbell.

It's pretty sad to watch, Gibbs needs to pull the plug next week.

At least give them a chance.

How much influence might Saunders have in prompting a QB change? We know how stubborn Gibbs has been in going away from Brunell in the past. However, Brunell may have a shorter leash, even with Gibbs, this time around.

And with Saunders having so much control over the offense, the QB situation might be in flux sooner rather than later. Certainly I don't see Brunell lasting as far into the season as he did in 2004, not playing the way he has.

You are kidding right?

Carlos had another bad game. And, Kevin Wright was an embarassment. He is slow, and has poor technique. Kevin alone contributed to 50% of the penalties.

Doesn't the Redskins talent management team look brilliant letting Walt Harris, Fred Smooth, and Champ Bailey go ...

I understand that they dont want the injury to continue all season but this was a very important game and considering who we have next week ( texans ) I would rather see him sit that one out. Clearly the game cant be left up to safe number 8 :doh:.

possibly but i dont know how much portis would have helped tonight.. and the way the dallas d was getting in.. the sore shoulder would have been hit numerous times standing in there to block. i do hate to see such a star on the sidelines when we need him but that shoulder must be a little more sore than we think. he will be in the lineup next week and a road win in houston could turn this ugly thing around.. stay strong skins fans!!!

After watching these first two games, its become apparent that Sean Springs might have been the worst player to lose to injury on D, (minus ST). We really havnt seen any of those blitze packages like we did last year, and its mainly because G. Williams and everyone else knows Kenny Wright and Rumph can't cover period. I thought Rogers played well tonight, but the D should be much improved once springs returns, which needs to be soon.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Guest Rafterman
How much influence might Saunders have in prompting a QB change? We know how stubborn Gibbs has been in going away from Brunell in the past. However, Brunell may have a shorter leash, even with Gibbs, this time around.

And with Saunders having so much control over the offense, the QB situation might be in flux sooner rather than later. Certainly I don't see Brunell lasting as far into the season as he did in 2004, not playing the way he has.

:notworthy

Brunell has shown absolutely nothing.

I hope too god that Saunders has enough control to bench him.

Either Collins or Campbell is an upgrade at this point.

:2cents:

1 Brunell misses flight from Dulles

2 Brunell misses team bus from Hotel.

3. Brunell gets rollled by cabbie on the way too Texas Stadium.

4. I finish building my time machine, and prevent the moment we signed this pile of Qbrap.

i called for Campbell early last year, now is the time for him to start full-time....no one can honestly say that Campbell would have put up worse numbers than Brunell tonight...There are QBs out there (Favre, Carr) that would KILL to have our depth of talent at the skill positions, and it is being squandered...Look--I realize Brunell as a person is a good guy, is a positive locker-room influence and a gamer, but so was Ramsey and the bottom line is he is not getting the job done....

and Saunders needs a new playbook--this offense looks no different than the one from last year racking up game after game of 170+ total yards...

Kenny Wright and Marcus Washington were HUGE liabilities on big plays and penalties---and dallas exploited it all night

Carlos Rogers, please learn to catch the ball when it comes to you---true #1 corners know the importance of creating turnovers and defensive touchdowns...

Finally, the penalties...Gibbs/Bugel and the rest have a LOT to answer for this week---If Spurrier and Norv got constantly raked over the coals for 100+ yards in penalties, then the same rule should apply here.

Archived