Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is our achilles?

Cambl2Moss

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I saw a similar thread but I wanted it to be a poll so we could see where we all stand. Where is our biggest weakness after game one?

EDIT: Please give your reasoning for your vote, becuase I do not agree with some votes already, and I wanted to hear your reasoning behind them...lets make this a sharing of ideas thread...becuase we all have varying opinions about the loss

Until Brunell stops playing QB like a little-girly man, it will be the QB. Run away! run away!, the rush is coming. Don't take a hit when you pass the ball, that would take balls. Don't side step, well he can't 'cause he's as mobile now as, dare I say...Drew Bledsoe. We should win every game where we hold opponents to 19 points or less. 3 times inside the ten for field goals. Holy crapola.

Interesting that there were 5 people so far that listed QB....I thought that Brunell managed the game well...he doesnt give us the huge arm that Campbell will give us eventually, but he didnt make any mistakes, wasnt sacked, and put up 16 points without his number 1 back having a full workload...

Cornerback, no question. Even when Shawn Springs was healthy, opposing teams picked on Carlos Rogers. Mr. Dance-When-the-Other-Guy-Drops-a- TD-Catch-with-No-Help-From-You got picked on even MORE this past week. Mike Rumph remains the guy who was as good as Taylor Jacobs until he proves otherwise. Vernon Fox is still too green in this defense to be anything other than a wish and a prayer. Kenny Wright seems to be more in the mold of Omar Stoutmire or Walt Harris than Pierson Prioleau. We need to TRADE for a GOOD corner.

We have too many weaknesses to list just one, and any of them, if not corrected, will lose games. Here are my big ones:

Kicker: for reasons obvious to anyone with an intact optic nerve and basic cable.

O-Line: No running room on Monday, and Mark got chased around a lot. Speaking of Mark...

QB:Brunell looked sharp out there on Monday, and if he looks that sharp all season, I'll be happy, but there were virtually no big plays dispite the speed of the receiver corps. Plus he's getting to be an old man, and we all have seen how he plays injured. The Qb situation is fine for now, but it is on unstable footing

D-Line: No pressure on BJ. None. Zero. I think there was a grand total of 1 sack in the game. Also, no pressure on him on 3rd downs. We might as well have sent in kindergarteners. And speaking of third downs...

Corners: Johnson had a 129 and change passer rating on 3rd downs. And we're lucky it was so low. Thank God he didn't have an actual receiver corps to throw to, or we'd have been ****ed. Proper ****ed. (or at least, more than we were).

Now, I'm not saying that we're a weak team, or that we won't have a good season(which I'm confident we will), I'm just saying that, after watching the Vikings game (and, for that matter, the preseason, which bore uncanny resemblance to the season opener) these are the areas I'm most concerned with. If these don't get fixed fast, it's gonna be a looong season.

wow,...crazy fans out there...people questioning our O-Line after we kept brunell sack-free for the entire game?

The O-line isn't just keeping the QB's jersey clean--altough thats important. Its also a lot to do with creating lanes for the running backs. And there weren't many out there. Our big runs came from the flats, while we were stuffed up the gut. The Vikes O-line created a lane Hellen Keller could make it through on our goal line. We had to settle for field goals because we couldn't get jack. I don't care how fast Portis is, or how big Sellers is, they ain't making it past an unblocked 350 lb lineman on a run up the center.

Also, Brunell wasn't sacked for a few reasons. Yeah, he got pretty decent protection most of the time, but he also made a few smart decisions and threw the ball away instead of take the sack. Also, the Vike's D isn't exactly a primier unit. Calling the O-line good cause they held back the Vikes is like saying the Eagles are the best in the NFC cause they beat the Texans. Well, maybe thats a bit extreme, but you get the idea...

Archived