Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wassup with Andre Carter???

Hollywood2k3

Ok folks, I know it's only the first game and it's a looong season but I don't think I like what I see in Andre Carter. Now don't get it twisted, I think the guy is a genetic freak, but it's his technique that scares me. We brought him in because of his pass rushing skills, but it seemed like he could never get separation from the guy blocking him. Hopefully as the season goes on, he get's more comfortable in our system and show's that explosiveness that we all know he has.

"but it seemed like he could never get separation from the guy blocking him."

right, Carter got blocked. That's all. Now you have to ask yourself, who blocked him? the answer is one of the very best in the league. Does this mean he'll continue to get blocked by lesser players? No.

Don't be so quick to judge after one game. I'd worry if his performance lacks after a few more games but one game against one of the best in the league isn't a benchmark. Our tackles didnt allow a sack from Osi or Strahan last year at fedex but I dont think that hurt their stock much. Not comparing them or anything but it's one game.

He has 3% body fat but can't get off a block. Maybe thats why Nolan made him a linebacker :doh: Maybe he should eat some cheeseburgers and pizza and put some weight on?????

I think he will be fine hopefully as Offensive lineman wear down later in the season he will be in better shape then them and get some pressure.

I thought we paid Carter $30 million to take on the best and win some of those battles :rolleyes:

Hutchinson was blocking Cornelius Griffin and won that matchup.

McKinnie I would not put in the same class as Hutchinson. He is a very good player but that is the description placed on Andre Carter when he was acquired.

If all he can do is get 3 sacks against Torrin Tucker or a like OT than we severely overspent our dollars.

Demetric Evans was the Redskins best DL last night and he is the lowest paid guy on the field.

Carter hasn't done squat in the preseason, nor the first game. In fact you have rarely heard his name in any game. What's with the 4 point stance? It's a known fact you cant get half of the explosion from the 4 point as to the 3 point on a pass rushing down. 4 point is for undercutting and clogging.

He needs to start earning his money NOW! True, one game does not make a season, but he hasn't given us a lot to be excited about yet....Come on Andre, show us what you're made of!!!

Every LT in the league is good. Quit making excuses for a free agent bust. He was a loser on the godawful 49'ers! We upgraded our team by taking players from SF? Give me a break!

He showed nothing in preseason, and showed nothing in this game. He was jumping up and down urging the fans to cheer: well guess what? The fans will cheer when you make a tackle.

Yes, the Giants DEs were blocked last year. But, guess what? They put SOME pressure on our QB. Carter did zip, nada, zero, nothing.

:2cents:

McKinnie may be 6'7 and 330 but the fact remains that quality rushers like Charles Haley and Richard Dent were able to get past the best OT of their day when playing them one on one. Not all the time. But over the course of a game, they would make plays to help their teams.

Carter disappeared against the Vikings. At some points he was out of the game and Demetric Evans and Kedric Golston were out there with Daniels and Griffin.

Our pressure on Johnson last night, or the lack of had everything to do with our depleated secondary. Prioleau was going to split time with Arch because each has his strong and weak areas of play. Scratch that............ Prioleau is better in coverage, and would have been rolled over to help the corners often. Arch is better at run support and blitzing, but had no choice to do more of the coverage then he normally would have to do.

No springs put the cornes in a bad spot, with a second year player as the #1 guy, and third stringers as the #2. With Springs already out, the loss of Prioleau is huge. When we can put our corners on an island, that gives Williams freedom to do so much more then we were able to last night. I'm pretty sure Williams had to do some quick changing of his original game plan when Prioleau went down.

Everybody up front feels the effects of the depleated secondary, and Carter is in that group. That and the fact the Vikings have done a very good job of putting an O line together this offseason.

Our pressure on Johnson last night, or the lack of had everything to do with our depleated secondary. Prioleau was going to split time with Arch because each has his strong and weak areas of play. Scratch that............ Prioleau is better in coverage, and would have been rolled over to help the corners often. Arch is better at run support and blitzing, but had no choice to do more of the coverage then he normally would have to do.

No springs put the cornes in a bad spot, with a second year player as the #1 guy, and third stringers as the #2. With Springs already out, the loss of Prioleau is huge. When we can put our corners on an island, that gives Williams freedom to do so much more then we were able to last night. I'm pretty sure Williams had to do some quick changing of his original game plan when Prioleau went down.

Everybody up front feels the effects of the depleated secondary, and Carter is in that group. That and the fact the Vikings have done a very good job of putting an O line together this offseason.

That's how I saw it as well.

dent19 started a thread 3 weeks ago about Carter's bad technique. I think eyes have focused on him since the offseason signing. Gibbs said they kept a lot of guys back to block when passing...That's when you need coverage to step up and react quickly. They were a step slow on some plays.

Evans made a good showing though.

Ok folks, I know it's only the first game and it's a looong season but I don't think I like what I see in Andre Carter. Now don't get it twisted, I think the guy is a genetic freak, but it's his technique that scares me. We brought him in because of his pass rushing skills, but it seemed like he could never get separation from the guy blocking him. Hopefully as the season goes on, he get's more comfortable in our system and show's that explosiveness that we all know he has.
He stunk last night plain and simple, he should give that Monday game check to a charity or something because he did not earn it.

i was very dissappointed last night, but then i thought about the vikes line on the left side: hutchinson and mckinnie. both are very good o-lineman, i mean the vikes wouldnt invest almost $100 mil between the 2 of them if they werent worth anything. dallas has a suspect o-line, maybe we'll see something out of carter this week, cross our fingers. make bledsoe get happy feet and throw those picks like jax did to him.

sorry, but I thought the reason for bringing Carter in was to be able to bring pressure from just the front four without having to resort to the corner or safety blitz to be able to disrupt the passing game :)

at some point your line has to be able to get in the face of the quarterback or pinch him from the sides to force mistakes - fumbles, interceptions, incompletions, etc.

if we invest $30 million in Carter and then admit we still can't get any pressure until Springs comes back and we can rush Archuleta, then how much was this acquisition worth?

That's how I saw it as well.

dent19 started a thread 3 weeks ago about Carter's bad technique. I think eyes have focused on him since the offseason signing. Gibbs said they kept a lot of guys back to block when passing...That's when you need coverage to step up and react quickly. They were a step slow on some plays.

Evans made a good showing though.

WOW! someones listening to me........ :cheers:

Archived