Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ummm.... Earth to Brandon Lloyd!

3rd Generation Die Hard

Someone convince me hes not our newest Rod Gardner. Was he even in the game plan? Seems to me things are crafted around moss and ARE, as far as he and cooley i forgot what we have them for tonight.

It is gonna take used to having all these weapons But we will Not every game will every reciever be a factor

Five balls thrown his way. No catches. Now, to be fair, at least one of those passes landed in the cheap seats, but he did have one that looked like a drop to me. We have enough other options (Hello, Cooley!) that we can afford to ignore him for a while.

Who says he's a bust? .

Someone convince me hes not our newest Rod Gardner

was he thrown 1 catchable ball? seriously... I didn't see it

yoy can ***** about the DL, ***** about Hall's miss, ***** about stupid penalties

but geez quit complaing about guys who didn't do anything wrong.

I'm a whiner? :laugh: read some of these posts and threads

was he thrown 1 catchable ball? seriously... I didn't see it

yoy can ***** about the DL, ***** about Hall's miss, ***** about stupid penalties

but geez quit complaing about guys who didn't do anything wrong.

I'm a whiner? :laugh: read some of these posts and threads

Yeah, I think he was thrown one catchable ball. But he didn't catch it. Look, it's obvious that the guy is our 3rd receiver, and no one expects their 3rd receiver to be great. But he was pretty invisible for a guy who came in with such high expectations, don't you think?

Personally, I don't think any of your complaining makes much sense. Let's take the DL: the Vikings averaged 2.5 yards per carry. That's phenomenal! And the pass rush -- well, the Vikings OL is pretty good, and Williams refused to blitz because he was so worried about the secondary, so you'd expect Johnson to have a little time back there. The DL did OK as a group. Now let's take Hall's miss: the team shouldn't get themselves in a position where they need a last-second miracle 48 yard kick from a guy who hasn't made a kick that long in 3 years. Not his fault. And stupid penalties? What penalties? Taylor's penalties were total nonsense. The first hit was perfectly fine and shouldn't have been called, and the facemask should have been the 5 yard variety. Otherwise, the Skins had very few penalties -- the offense only had one all day.

I don't understand some posts.. are they supposed to be funny? Sarcasm is good to show bitterness but this is a message board. If you're going to post something, bring something to the table rather than your whining. I agree with a prior comment, a loss really changes this board (though it's expected). It's a game, one you have no control over, get a grip people.

In regards to Brandon Lloyd, I have no idea how he did. I didn't even see the game because I was stuck at work. My friend taped it for me, so I'll have a chance to cuss and throw things like everyone else did tonight. I am going to agree with some though, the more optimistic/realistic. It's one game...

Frost apparently looked good tonight. That fact hasn't saved him in my books. He's had a knack for kicking deep balls with a favorable roll. Then again, he also has a knack for shanking balls. What he lacks is consistency. Continue this performance and then Frost is off the list.

Lloyd? I read that he had the ball thrown to him 5 times and then I also read he only had it thrown to him once (which he dropped). I also read that dropped ball was uncatchable. Heck, I even saw he caught one for 23 yards... Whatever the case (because it's surely not all of 'em), he has 15+ more games this season to prove his worth. People were glowing with the idea of him as our number 2 after he made that pre-season catch. Guess what? When we got him we heard that he could make those spectacular catches but then also miss some of the ones he SHOULD catch. It shouldn't shock people that he drops a few though it is a dissapointment if he continues to drop catchable passes throughout the season. That would lean towards lack of improvement.

I'm not going to give an entire breakdown, seeing as how I didn't even watch the game. I'm just trying to show that people need to relax. It's a game, not war... Well, every game that's not against the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants... or any opponents we face in the playoffs... ... nevermind, it's just war.

The fact that he didn't start the season with a 100 yd 3 TD game is a massive dissapointment.

What I wonder though, is how are we going to get him the looks. Lets face it, last year Brunell wasn't exactly superb at using all his options. I find it hard to believe that Taylor Jacobs and Jimmy Farris never got open. With Moss, ARE, Lloyd, and Cooley possible recieving threats, will Brunell be able to make his progressions or will he pull the 1st option-bail out-throw away that he has become known for.

The fact that he didn't start the season with a 100 yd 3 TD game is a massive dissapointment.

What I wonder though, is how are we going to get him the looks. Lets face it, last year Brunell wasn't exactly superb at using all his options. I find it hard to believe that Taylor Jacobs and Jimmy Farris never got open. With Moss, ARE, Lloyd, and Cooley possible recieving threats, will Brunell be able to make his progressions or will he pull the 1st option-bail out-throw away that he has become known for.

Exacly...Is Lloyd and/or ARE going to be Brunnell's latest scapegoat?

Archived