Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Jonathon Combs?

jimster

Did he even carry the ball in pre-season?

Are we just keeping him on the roster in anticipation of picking someone else up then releasing him?

I think it is the latter.

I never saw him on the field.

I am good friends with his college coach here in Texas............who was Rock's coach at junior college.

If I could find his freakin' phone number......I would be calling him right now to get the low down on this.

Blondie

Combs made the team.
IIRC he was released last week. He's not on the roster.

For some reason Redskins.com didn't update the online roster.

actually there's 55 on the roster now - Combs and Folua are still listed.
:laugh: now they're both gone.

someone at Redskins Park must be reading here.

Whew...........I feel so much better.

Here I am touting the coaches decisions.........and he never set foot on the field yet made the team.

Whew.

:laugh:

Blondie

I have been told that Jonathan Combs is a player who is in kind of a roster "gray area," due to an injury he sustained in NFL Europe. I have been told that he is technically on the roster as he rehabs, but he has a designation that allows him not to count against the 53-man limit.

I expect Combs will be released sometime. For now, he has been removed from the Redskins.com roster so that it doesn't cause confusion.

excuse me for stating the obvious but lumsden was soo much better than combs and even rock as a running back.i was really hoping he would make it, and all he did when given the chance was make plays.

Rock is the special teams leader of this team, his value to the special teams is much greater than that of a running back.

Archived