Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Montgomery

chow184

I thought he displayed some good hustle when he had a chance to play during the pre-season. I also saw him drive some O-lineman back on running plays with consistency. over the 4 games I saw him crush a few running lanes by doing that.

who else thought he looked decent/solid?

asides from the sack last night,I hadn't seen kedric golston do much of anything.

Cedric Killings has been singularly unimpressive to me since he joined the Redskins. I was hoping with the extra picks at DT this offseason that he would be pushed off the active roster but it appears as if the younger DTs especially Montgomery were betrayed by early camp injuries that made them miss critical time.

Montgomery was a #5 pick who some didn't have as a player likely to be drafted. The Redskins said after the draft they were surprised he was still there when they selected him.

Is he a keeper to develop as Killings and Boschetti supposedly were in 2004?

Or are the Redskins focusing solely on 2006 and figuring that the others are that extra 20% ahead right now and that is all that matters? :)

Montgomery was a #5 pick who some didn't have as a player likely to be drafted. The Redskins said after the draft they were surprised he was still there when they selected him.

actually he was likely to get drafted it was just late

he sort of went under the radar,looking at mock drafts done in the summer of 05 they had him highly ranked.He had a solid-good season but the media never loved him.

weird i saw the exact opposite. on a LOT of running plays montgomery got bent backwards or nosed down and was a non-factor. Golston was not much better but better IMO. he showed decent upfield ability and rarely got crumpled over on the line. They both need a lot of work particularly montgomery who need to focus on his base and strength. i think golstons ability to play right end might be the difference maker for him aswell

Archived