Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs press conference at 4:00

CapitalDefense

Gibbs: Stings more than 2004? Think we have good football team....evaluation of expectation.......I think we play in tough division.....have no clue what is goihg to happen.....great off season....have good feel of leadership........to me........concerns when play two games like that.

Question: Isn't there higher expectations this year for this team?

Answer: We are starting over every year. I think we have a good football team. Talked earlier about expectations, I said "last year doesn't buy us anything." Tough division, tough schedule. Good feeling about our leadership. Concerns me when we go out and play two games like that.

Players coming to camp overconfident? Perception.........part of life....all of us here....not like it was when we came first year.........how fast teams can go up and down......if smart about it......expections can not buy you anything.....if think so.....headed for fall. Cant play like we did first 2 games.

Have to manage to be good football team.......one of toughest things in pro sports...to have a good feel.

Has not looked at injury yet on Griffin..........really from injury standpoint......ok there.....may miss some time.....but ok.

John Hall? Would like to be seeing JH out there......been around for ever......get work in practice.......would like to put ourselves to see more field goals........Kids behind JH.....part of competition.....not going to comment on it.

Derrick........not any of us where we want to be right now.......all of ST....dedicated.....in right now looking at film. Know is capable.....just have to get it done.

From an injury standpoint, we are much better today.

Question: John Hall, coming off injury, hasn't had a chance to attempt a field goal, is it a factor?

Answer: I think John has been around forever, and is a good seasoned guy. Offensively, we would like to put ourselves in a position to kick more field goals, not doing it.

Derrick Frost played well. We aren't where we want to be right now on Special teams.

Question: Run defense wasn't good, why?

Answer: Anytime anybody out rushes us we don't like it. We wanted to rush for a better average.

QB play?

Mark has done some good things. All three have done good things. Some things we would like to have back on all three of them. We know what we have at QB.

Run defense........what went wrong.....defensive coaches be the best one to talk to.......have not had chance to see it......dont like it........goal is to out rush other team....... concern for us. Defensive guys not happy.

Mark has not played that much......all 3 qbs doing some good things.....we know what we have at qb.

THAT IS ALL.

Short and sweet.

Blondie

Hey wait a minute, I started the thread, where is my love? There nothing without me, nothing I say!!!:silly:

Its not my fault that I type 3 words a minute and could never keep up...:laugh:

Nice recaps you 2

:laugh: I learned how to type on those big, bulky, typewriters. computer keyboards are cake by comparison. Thanks for the props guys. Your welcome.

Too bad he wasn't asked about who his #2 QB is at this point in time.

Game #3 is usually the 'dress rehearsal' game so we'll probably get a lot more of the 1st stringers in New England.

Agreed. The media reports up until this point, made it sound like Campbell wasn't grasping the system. However, he's looked a lot better than Collins so far, and Collins is supposed to have a good grasp of the system. Collins did have a few decent passes near the end last night, but other than that he's show us nothing. A lot of times he looks like a deer caught in the headlights out there.

Campbell on the other hand, has shown a lot of poise, and the ability to come back strong after a screw up. For my money, he's the number two right now.

Too bad he wasn't asked about who his #2 QB is at this point in time.

Game #3 is usually the 'dress rehearsal' game so we'll probably get a lot more of the 1st stringers in New England.

Gibbs wouldn't have told me that if I did ask it. Instead I asked him to assess the quarterbacks overall. I was a little suprised that he spoke somewhat highly of them as a whole.

If Game 3 is the dress rehearsal then I think it is hard to point to Campbell as the number 2 guy when he will be playing with the third team this week.

We will see him almost all of the first half I believe in game 4.

Gibbs wouldn't have told me that if I did ask it. Instead I asked him to assess the quarterbacks overall. I was a little suprised that he spoke somewhat highly of them as a whole.

If Game 3 is the dress rehearsal then I think it is hard to point to Campbell as the number 2 guy when he will be playing with the third team this week.

We will see him almost all of the first half I believe in game 4.

So that was you huh? Good job JimmiJo!

Hail,

H

JimmiJo...is that your real sense of the situation?

Putting aside all the Gibbs knows better stuff.....I find it very hard to believe that Collins will be the #2 guy. He just doesn't have "winner" written on him. What can I say? Also........it really raises eyebrows if your #1 pick can't beat out a guy who has been a career clipboard holder. not good at all.....even if the thought process is..."a mediorcrity who knows the system is a better bet than a talented upstart who doesn't know the system."

let's just hope we never have a 2-3 game stretch where we have to put this theory to test.

Archived