Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate the Chesapeake Bay Bridge

Walking Deadman

:mad: Two times in a row :mad:

I got stuck in a hour - hour and 1/2 delay on the East bound side of the bridge going home from the Skins/Ravens scrimmage a few weeks ago.

So tonight,

I head home a little early. 495 is clear, 50 is clear.....I'm making great time.

I might actually get back home before 1 AM.

Then I hit the Bay Bridge.....that no good piece of **** ****** ******* bridge. I have to sit in traffic for 2 ***** ******** *** **** hours to go 5 miles b/c the traffic authority in their brilliant wisdom has shut down the right east bound lane-- FOR CONSTRUCTION. Only thing was THEY WEREN'T DOING ANY ****** ******* CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!!! Just 2 guys, a truck, a van standing around DOING NOTHING!!!!!

It is now 3:30 AM, I just got home at 3AM. I should have been home by 12:30AM

So here's a Mighty **** *** to all those people that made me, my family and the thousands of others have to wait on a bridge for nothing.

-WD

PS: THe filters did not censor my tirade. I did that myself with * Feel free to interpret how you wish.

sounds like you had a good night

:)

I smile now.....what was even worse (yeah, just getts better).

I called Triple X ESPN to talk on the post-game show......was on hold for 1.5 hours (yes, I held on that long, primarily to talk to Dexter Manley) and just when I came up......my cell conked out. :mad:

Yeah.....not my favorite Redskin memory that's for sure.

My whole family was from Norfolk. Hell I was born there. Though we traveled alot, ( Army family), I have plenty of memories of those bridges. Though we spent most of our time on the Hampton Roads one. Before it became two. ;) Man. What a mess. One Traffic accident and you were waiting in Va. Beach or up in Richmond ;) to get where you were going.

My whole family was from Norfolk. Hell I was born there. Though we traveled alot, ( Army family), I have plenty of memories of those bridges. Though we spent most of our time on the Hampton Roads one. Before it became two. ;) Man. What a mess. One Traffic accident and you were waiting in Va. Beach or up in Richmond ;) to get where you were going.

The HRBT is still a mess. You are right, one little fender bender and the back up starts. Fortunately i very rarely go over it.

Totally agree as well, I have been on those as well.

Always a back up, always some construction or problem......

I went back there 3 years ago for my grandfather's funeral. First time I'd been through there in over 20 years. Wouldn't you know that there was a traffic jam backing things up because of.... yep...construction. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Note: One plus for me however, and always was, on going through there was looking at the Carriers in the distance at Norfolk Naval base before going into the tunnel. Then, when coming out of the tunnel, looking over and seeing them a whole lot closer. One of those little things I guess.

Archived