Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenny Wright has officially...

Taylor 21

He totally made me feel alot better today. Looked alot more comfortable as opposed to looking lost last week. I was also happy to see Rumph out there making some plays. The newly added depth will prove to be very valuable for us as the season wears on - GW has shown us how he can plug these guys into the system if someone (God forbid) goes down and there's almost no drop on the D's performance.

I did not see the Skins play tonight, but from what I have read on Rumph and Wright

the Skins are in good shape in the defensive back field. Remember Redskin fans "Walk softly and carry a BIG stick.:helmet: :logo:

Rumph did miss a tackle though. He hit the guy really hard, but made a poor effort to wrap up. I hate that.

I also hate how everyone was ready to get rid of Wright after the first game. When will we understand that preseason is a time when a team is supposed to learn and improve?

i didn't get to see the game!! did Kenny Wright play with first team??

Yes he did, and he played well in coverage and tackling.

Wright played well, but we shouldn't write him off because of a bad game vs. the Bengals....new system, jitters, etc....he played a lot for Jax last season, and is a major upgrade over Walt....he played a great game last night, and I fully expect him to do well as he gets better acquainted with G-Dub's system....same goes for Rumph...I can see him flourishing here in DC....Williams has a way with taking guys off the scrap heap (Marshall, Salave'a, Clark, etc) and making them play at a level higher than they ever thought....Williams is JUST that good....no worries here

He played well folks seem to forget that he was part of a pretty good defense last season with the Jags. I think he 'll be just fine it's a new system for him. Come reg. season if he's in there I'm pretty sure Williams will come up with something that doesn't leave him out there on a no-man's island.

I did not see Jimoh last nite another tall young corner that was improving last year

I think he was a scratch.

Yeah, as long as I'm not hearing the names Wright and Rumph too much, I'm going to assume they're playing well. Once you start hearing their names it usuall means they're getting beat. Kenny bounced back, and Rumph certainly didn't play like the 49er fans say he does.

Archived