Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who else thinks Spurrier ruined Ramsey?

ChampSkinsFanatic

Watching Ramsey out there made me remember how easy it was for other teams to tee off on him. Blame Spurrier

I'm not really following. Do you mean that he looked really good tonight (including avoiding the rush), so Spurrier didn't ruin him, but he messed him up just long enough for us to give up on him? Or are you not watching the game? Or what are you saying?

Pretty much any receiver that has ever played for him.

Coles had his finest season under Spurrier.

Derrius Thompson had a good season under Spurrier and has done nothing in Miami.

Darneiran McCants looked like a player under Spurrier.....a nobody under anyone else.

The fact that his Florida receivers look like money under him and then flop in the pros speaks volumes on how good he was at hiding their weaknesses.

SOS did not ruin Patrick.

Ramsey played best under SOS. All in all he was never going to be a great qb... he is another GUS.

:applause:

Good to see someone who has some sense.

Spurrier got more out of Ramsey than any coach in the NFL ever will. If anyone doubts that, bookmark this post, and I will gladly print the page and eat it if I'm ever proved wrong.

it couold just be me, but I am hesitant to say the career of someone who is 27 years old and still fighting for a starting position has had their career ruined and I also hesitate to say that he can't suceed.

Many QBs didn't turn into quality players until late in their career, Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, and maybe one day Patrick Ramsey.

Furthermore, as much as I believe Frerotte is an idiot, you must respect a man that has stayed continuosly employed in the NFL for 13 seasons and has started 79 games.

SOS did not ruin Patrick.

Ramsey played best under SOS. All in all he was never going to be a great qb... he is another GUS.

I beg to differ...Ramsey certainly wasn't a great quarterback from the get go but he was tough, had a strong arm, and was very smart...he could have been coached into a good QB...if he'd have been under Mike Martz he'd be a solid starter...I'm not talking Manning or anything, but a very good QB...

Spurrier took a QB who spent his entire life working a certain way and totally ruined his mechanics while also tearing his psyche to shreds by allowing him to be pummeled week in and week out...

It's a tragedy that the kid's career was ruined by someone other than himself...

proper and consistent coaching and he would have been a solid player...

Archived