Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins a QB?

Apache516

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt unless it happens again. Everyone has a bad day now and then.

I agree. - I'm not ready to trash him just yet, but if he comes in the next game and looks the same way, then maybe we can take a look at Casey Bramlet as a possible #3.

Is Collins somehow related to Saunders.Thats the only way I see him being in a uniform.

I really think he was there to help teach the offense in a crash course, because he can man the helm in practice. I doubt Saunders has much confidence left in him now.

He has been the #2 in KC for a long time, but Green has yet to miss a game there which is amazing.

I too, would rather have Randle El play a shotgun option offense than have chance to see the debacle of depraved football I witnessed Sunday night.

Oh the horror.

If we had pulled the plug on Brunell after 2004, we would have finished 6-10 or 7-9 in 2005 and missed the playoffs with Ramsey at qb. Look, he can't even solidify the backup job in New York :)

Yet, that was the vote of the fans after 2004.

Collins will never be the starting qb of the Redskins by coach or fan choice, but he is on the roster for a reason.

And that reason is to help get Campbell ready to play. Not merely ready to go out there and get drilled and throw interceptions, but go out there and be successful :)

In that regard he is an important asset to the team right now.

I don't really care what he does in time with a backup line that has perhaps 1 or 2 guys that will make the roster and 3 that will be cut outright :)

Especially not when facing an NFL starting DL.

Collins will always have a place on our bench!

JC is "dat dude". The one people will speak of in the future about the Redskin QB that's been putting up big #'s. I can hear it now..."That's dat dude they were talking about!"

Collins is a scrub & it's a shame a person that was intended to be an integral part in helping our QB's learn the Offense, hasn't even learned to look like like a veteran of the NFL.

A friend of mine is a Chiefs fan, he thanked me for the 'Skins picking up Todd Collins. Now I see why. Does anyone else think he should be the 3rd stringer and that Jason Campbell should be our back up?

:dallasuck

He should be doing the laundry at Fed-Ex after the games in my opinion. Throwing damn near underhand balls to the defensive tackle in two consecutive series will not win #2 QB.

It was certainly and embarassment for Collins. I couldn't imagine a worse start than he had Sunday night. The interception to a lineman on his knees? Don't think I have ever seen that by any NFL quarterback. Keep him on the practice squad only. Emergency quarterback only please.

I don't really care what he does in time with a backup line that has perhaps 1 or 2 guys that will make the roster and 3 that will be cut outright :)

Especially not when facing an NFL starting DL.

Actually our line did a pretty good job against the pass rush when there wasn't a blitz, at least the left side which is Collins' blindside - both against Cinci's starters and backups.

Especially Walter, I thought he really proved himself as a left tackle.

Actually our line did a pretty good job against the pass rush when there wasn't a blitz, at least the left side which is Collins' blindside - both against Cinci's starters and backups.

Especially Walter, I thought he really proved himself as a left tackle.

Walter's play may very well have been the brightest spot for the game!

It is true we had RB's with little if any NNFL experience being asked to diagnose and pick up blitzes. This is a tough task and I overlooked this in the midst of my Collins disgust. Still disgusted by the way.

Clearly, the only reason Collins is here, is to help Al Saunders teach the offense. Jason Campbell has the better arm and legs of all three QB's. Mark Brunell has more field experience than the other two put together. Todd Collins has been in the league for ten years, knows Saunders offense, but is not as good of an athelete as the other QB's.

#1.Mark Brunell

#2.Jason Campbell

#3.(Clipboard)Todd Collins

:thumbsup:

Ummm... yes? I have a feeling it will be that way shortly.

I do feel a little bad for Collins actually. Sure, he sucked, but he had ZERO protection. He just didnt handle the crappy pass blocking very well. When he did have time he actually made a couple nice throws...

Feel bad for collins?? How much money per pass has he earned in his carreer? O line was bad but he was off the chain bad.

Feel bad for collins?? How much money per pass has he earned in his carreer? O line was bad but he was off the chain bad.

If you go back and watch the game again - I didn't notice his protection so horribly bad compared to an average NFL game. I think people are making a little more of it then there really was.

He always had time to see the blitz (which were always obvious, no zone blitz masking) and go to his hot read - he just never did.

Stop making excuses - the guy sucked large radioactive donkey like I've never seen.

Todd Collins is not a QB. Really he is a Quarter Horse with Terets and a Helmet :munchout:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you go back and watch the game again - I didn't notice his protection so horribly bad compared to an average NFL game. I think people are making a little more of it then there really was.

He always had time to see the blitz (which were always obvious, no zone blitz masking) and go to his hot read - he just never did.

Yup. Bad protection is an excuse for sacks or incomplete passes. It is NOT an excuse for passes right into the arms of defensive linemen. Two series in a row! I'm willing to cut him some slack since he hasn't played much the last, oh, 7 years, but he's got a lot to prove.

Archived