Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Collins told Brunell it Takes at Least a Year to get Comfortable

actorguy1

It probably does take a year to get Saunders' system, but Saunders isn't likely to implement his entire system. Like a previous poster stated, he is likely to implement it on a piece by piece basis. If CP is healthy it will take heaps of pressure off of MB and allow him to get his timing right and we will be absolutely fine. Furthermore I have faith in the veteran Brunell and the second year Cambell who has had 6 OCs in 6 years.

RNK NAME YDS YPG RUSH RUSH YPG PASS PASS YPG PTS PTS/G

4 Kansas City 6000 375.0 2378 148.6 3622 226.4 467 29.2 ----(2002)

2 Kansas City 5910 369.4 1929 120.6 3981 248.8 484 30.3 ----(2003)

1 Kansas City 6695 418.4 2289 143.1 4406 275.4 483 30.2 ----(2004)

1 Kansas City 6192 387.0 2382 148.9 3810 238.1 403 25.2 ----(2005)

Unfortunately, i couldn't get the stats for 2001, but these numbers speak for them selves. And remember this was done with less talant than the Skins.

But the defenses in the AFC west were all pretty weak. Not quite the same here in the NFC East where all 4 teams have above average defenses that should be even better this year. I don't expect a Top 5 offense this year but would be surprised with something around 8-10th.

Considering Brunell and some of your worries...Coach Saunders has made comments regarding his excitement about Brunell since he has been here and how well he was doing, so I'm not to worried about that unless our OL can't protect him. They did fairly well last year, so barring any injuries to the line, hopefully Mark doesn't get injured.

Our offense got us to the playoffs last year despite it not being the best. It should be even better this year, especially with more depth at receiver & the addition of Saunders.

Our defense was great last year, and will be as good if not better this year & will win us some games again this year just like last year.

So what variables do we have to deal with? Injuries, turnovers, and of course that one other factor...how well did the other teams upgrade?

I'm a bit curious as to how well the top defenses in the league will handle our offense once it starts to run on all cylinders since we have a lot of weapons now. For teams to beat us, they will have to have an offense & a defense as balanced as we are, providing of course we don't give games away with turnovers. We were 10-2 in the NFC last year with a weak offense. We should make the playoffs again. There will be a few tough teams that might stop us from the SB though, but that is the nature of the game. Outside of our division, I think I am most worried about the Panthers.

Archived