Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bugel raving about Harvey and Pino on NBC 4...

wilbur58z

I just hope this means that the Redskins' organization is actually able to evaluate AND develop talent. In years past, we would've looked in the free agent market (and probably would've over-paid for a washed-up, old O lineman).

I hope this is true.

One thing about old Boss Hog. He knows OL line talent when he sees it because he's coached some of the best (and worst) in history. If he says they are special, they are.

Yeah, either that or he's hoping some positive feedback -- but also some pressure to perform by making expectations public -- will keep the fires burning.

What, Buges is going to lose stature because he tried to talk two players into becoming better and they don't? Pretty safe bet to try.

Guest BIGJoeSalave'a
Joe Gibbs added scouts to the front office and no doubt there are payoffs to having more experienced eyes out there smile.gif

The Numero Uno of the scouting dept. who discovered many hidden talents is Louis Riddick. claps.gif

Are you guys even Redskin fans? Gibbs and Bugel never talk bad about anybody. Each and every week we are about to play a SB contender or a team only one step away. Guys are praised every camp and then cut before season. It's called class, and JG & JB have plenty of it.

I hope those rookies pan out, but where else is Buges going to put them other than 2nd string? Unless he wants to use cardboard cutouts, we just lost 2 OL depth. I am sure we are checking the wire and even looking at possible trades, but Bugel is not one to go crying to the media about his problems.

On the other hand, JB is a great coach and can probably get as much out of a rookie OL as anybody, but don't expect much this year.

I must say, I was HIGHLY impressed by Harvey when I went to training camp. This guy is huge and strong as an Ox. I know it was only 1 on 1 drills but he was really the only one of the backups who held their own against Griffin and Montgomery. Those two dominated all the backups (and rabach) but Harvey gave them some serious battles. He looks like he's a mauler and plays with a mean streak. I immediately got the impression that he was a Buges type of guy.

Thanks a lot for posting this news. I don't get the DC stations here on the Eastern Shore of MD. In my opinion when Randy Thomas went down and then Ray Brown also went down that sealed our fate. I really do think that games are won or lost in the trenches and after last season I felt that backup OL was a significant problem. Sure is encouraging to hear that we may have improved there.

Are you guys even Redskin fans? Gibbs and Bugel never talk bad about anybody. Each and every week we are about to play a SB contender or a team only one step away. Guys are praised every camp and then cut before season. It's called class, and JG & JB have plenty of it.

I hope those rookies pan out, but where else is Buges going to put them other than 2nd string? Unless he wants to use cardboard cutouts, we just lost 2 OL depth. I am sure we are checking the wire and even looking at possible trades, but Bugel is not one to go crying to the media about his problems.

On the other hand, JB is a great coach and can probably get as much out of a rookie OL as anybody, but don't expect much this year.

You're right in that they never say anything bad about anyone, but you can tell when they really like someone and when they're just hedging their comments about someone else.

Bugel really likes these two.

I noticed it especially because he never talked like this about Molinaro and Wilson in 2004...he sounded almost depressed about them. They brought Ray Brown in not long after that...

Archived