Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor-Darwin Walker rib fracture

dockeryfan

Confirmed by KFFL and philadelphiaeagles.com

They say it should be healed by week 1. Theoretically he could play with a flak jacket in a lot of pain tomorrow, but will let it heal for the remainder of the preseason.

Not good news, but certainly not our most indisposable player. Time for Bunkley to step up.

Lucky the Eagles started training camp a week early so Bunkley will be getting just as much time as most of the other rookies in the NFL....whoops!! :)

Good thing he only missed a week so it breaks even...wait...you mean he missed more than 3 weeks?? WHOOPS!!

Damn dude, you don't even know how long your own players hold out for?? :laugh:

EDIT: And the reason y'all started early was the HOF game, valuable playing experience that your boyfriend didn't get. WHOOPS!!!

Darwin Walker was good for like a year or two. Really really good. Now he is um, unreliable and not worth worrying about. Bunkley and Jasper give the team great depth. Rayburn is starting to disappoint as well.

Rayburn disappointing? He was absolutely blowing up the middle of the Raiders line on the scrimmage. I came away most impressed by him. Big dude.

Rayburn disappointing? He was absolutely blowing up the middle of the Raiders line on the scrimmage. I came away most impressed by him. Big dude.

Sammy had like 6 sacks in limited time in his rookie year so the club locked him up longterm. Then the guy comes in to camp overweight and not in shape. Like most guys who are fat and out of shape, he gets injured and has a subpar year. I heard he was average at best during training camp.

I hope he steps it up.

Actually, jrock, Bunkley missed 16 days of camp. Please, as hard as it is, to deal with facts when talking about issues. My original first post remains true. He'll get just about the same time as the rest of the NFL rookies.

Meh...he only missed 16 days, I remember incorrectly. What I did remember was that he missed 29 practices, including conditioning**.

Regardless, WB, 16 > 7, right? Just checking...:laugh:

**http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=52517

Meh...he only missed 16 days, I remember incorrectly. What I did remember was that he missed 29 practices, including conditioning**.

Regardless, WB, 16 > 7, right? Just checking...:laugh

He would have missed four days of camp if he played for the Washington Redskins.

EDIT: and since he is playing tommorow night, he'll still play in four preseason games, just like every other rookie in the league.

Regardless, WB, 16 > 7, right? Just checking...:laugh:

**http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=52517

Compare him to the other first round draft choices and tell me if my original statement about him having just as much experience as the other rookies holds true. Wait, I'll do the work for you and tell you that he will. You need to work on reading what I actually write and not what you want to hear.

Compare him to the other first round draft choices and tell me if my original statement about him having just as much experience as the other rookies holds true. Wait, I'll do the work for you and tell you that he will. You need to work on reading what I actually write and not what you want to hear.

He missed 16 days and 29 practices...that was the longest holdout of any rookie besides Lienhart, by far. Its not like they're going to start Eagles camp all over again because he shows up...no. They move on, and he has to play catch up. It hurts him missing all that camp, whether your homer mind wants to accept it or not.

Oh, and by the way, this is what you wrote:

Lucky the Eagles started training camp a week early so Bunkley will be getting just as much time as most of the other rookies in the NFL

I repeat...which number is larger, WB? 16 or 7?? A week has 7 days, Bunkley missed 16!! Even if we accept your ridiculous contention that somehow he missed nothing from those first 7 days, that's still a 9-day holdout, much longer than most other rookies. And he missed valuable PT in the HOF game.

He will get the same number of games as other rookies and many of the 1st rounders missed a few practices before signing. So, like I said, he'll have roughly the same experience going into the season.

Also, I find it hilarious that you attempted to admonish me for not knowing how long he held out and then contended he held out over 3 weeks. Just the facts, jrock, just the facts. Thank you in advance.

He will get the same number of games as other rookies and many of the 1st rounders missed a few practices before signing. So, like I said, he'll have roughly the same experience going into the season.

:rolleyes: Whatever, Westy...you know as well as I do that he missed/will miss invaluable practicing with the first team and coaching. He missed 29 practices. TWENTY NINE!! That's huge. I know you're a huge homer and think Bunkley's going to have 48 sacks no matter how much practice time he gets, but you're wrong. He's playing catchup now. You know it, I know it, Jim Johnson knows it.

"He'll never make up the techniques that (defensive line coach) Pete Jenkins is teaching," Johnson said. "This is the first year for Pete and he's trying some new techniques, and (Bunkley) is missing those. You just don't catch up."

Johnson said he has seen it all before.

Rookies "are lost anyway for a while," he said. "You just have to face the facts that a rookie has a hard time learning things right away. Sometimes it takes them a full year to learn. I can give you a lot of examples of that, so if you miss it, it's almost like a double whammy. It's hurting him. There's no question about it."

That may sound like coach-speak, but there are some daunting statistics to support Johnson's claims.

Since 2001, there have been 11 rookie defensive tackles that were unsigned and missed time in training camp. In the majority of those cases, the players struggled during their first seasons; in many cases, the players continued to struggle beyond their first year.

Only two of the 11 rookie defensive tackles that did not report to camp on time - Tennessee's Albert Haynesworth and Arizona's Darnell Dockett - managed to play all 16 regular-season games as rookies.

link

Also, I find it hilarious that you attempted to admonish me for not knowing how long he held out and then contended he held out over 3 weeks. Just the facts, jrock, just the facts. Thank you in advance.

You said they started a week early so he'd get the same amount of time as everyone else. He missed 16 days. 16 days is longer then 7 days. If he'd held out for 7 days, you might have the beginnings of a point, but you don't. You're way off base.

I also admitted to confusing practices with total days; that's how it works. When I'm wrong, I admit it. You should take some notes, WB...the next time you make something up and get caught, maybe you'll admit it too. :whoknows:

Archived