Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Bush "Bashing" For Ya!

TradeTheBeal!

And you believe this?

Do you not believe it? Given the apparent disconnect between the administration's expectations of the outcome of our invasion and the actual outcome of our invasion, what reason is there to believe that the administration had any understanding of Iraq before deciding to invade it? Does Bush have any credibility on this subject? Shouldn't any person with a basic understanding of Iraq's history and population have been able to anticipate the sectarian strife and instability that was bound to follow our invasion? If so, how could the administration have failed to account for this strife and instability in their pre-invasion planning?

What the hell would that matter?

The allegation is relevant in that it supports the argument that the Bush administration had no idea what they were getting us into when they decided to invade Iraq. I assume this allegation is just one of many points that Galbraith uses to support the argument in his book, an argument which is obvious from the title: "The End of Iraq: How American Incompetence Created A War Without End."

Actually there are 10 or 12 sects of islam

Guess the author of the article doesn't know much either

Guess you didn't bother reading the article before posting a comment. The "author of the article" is describing the allegations made in the book, not demonstrating his own knowledge of Islam.

Don't believe me, look it up

There are sufi's and wahibbinists and others.

It's true that there are a number of groups or divisions within Islam, as with any religion that has hundreds of millions of adherents around the world. The article cited above describes a book that discusses the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq. From my understanding, the divisions between Shi'a and Sunni Islam are much more relevant to the situation in Iraq than any of the other divisions that you have in mind.

Are you arguing that the various divisions such as Sufism and Wahhabism have some relevance to our situation in Iraq? Or are your comments irrelevant?

Ignorance must be combatted

That's an ironic post, considering that you closed your previous post on divisions in Islam with "I just don't care to know." I guess ignorance is okay if you are the ignorant one? And if you are so disturbed by ignorance, did the ignorance demonstrated by the Bush adminstration's pre-invasion planning prompt you to campaign against Bush in 2004?

It's pointless to argue with you. So I'll just leave you with this . . .

You find it "pointless to argue" because you have no argument.

Guess you didn't bother reading the article before posting a comment. The "author of the article" is describing the allegations made in the book, not demonstrating his own knowledge of Islam.

Maybe he could have checked. Maybe he could have educated some folks. He could have taken the opportunity to dig at Bush even more, since that appears to be the intent.

Maybe he could have checked. Maybe he could have educated some folks. He could have taken the opportunity to dig at Bush even more, since that appears to be the intent.

Did you read the article, or just the headline? Despite the source, the article notes evidence of Bush's awareness of differences between Sunnis and Shi'ites in Iraq, so the article is not merely an effort to "dig at Bush even more." As far as I can tell, the "intent" of the article was to describe a book that is coming out soon. What should the author of the article have "checked" on or "educated some folks" about - those divisions in Islam that have little relevance to the situation in Iraq and little relevance to the book in question?

I can confidently tell you that the characterization of the administration and the Pentagon the article makes is complete fiction and political pr bunk. They have had field ops and special agents on the ground in that region for decades and knew full well the implications and possibilities. Including an insurgency and fear culture created meant to destabilize the country and region, fed by Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, and Palestine. They knew we would face problems, and noone there felt it would be a rosy or easy road, just one that could be done with resolve. Looks like Barney has been gathering evidence again.....

If you don't believe me get some tapes of Rumsfeld's early press releases and listen carefully. See how propoganda and misinformation can be made to look so good for political purposes?(undermining trust in the Pentagon, intel world, military, and Bush)

In war they call it psyops.

Stopping Iran's nuke program is now easier as we can get closer intel to locate infrastructure. So this guy's 'assessment', lacks alot of important things, but expresses alot of his personal anxieties, feelings, fears, and ideaologies. Trust me, the Pentagon is already six steps ahead of him. They are not the buffoons he depicts them as.

Archived