Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTEM Comments on Skins Injury Status

bulldog

Latest Injury Update:

1. Chris Samuels continues to struggle with his groin injury and Alex Sulfsted has been moved out from guard to left tackle and will start if Chris can't go on Sunday.

2. Fred Smoot suffered a rib cartilage injury and is day to day. Rashad Bauman, not Darrell Green, will start at CB if Smoot is a no go.

3. Daryl Gardener has made it through his first week since signing without an epidural injection for his back. Fingers crossed that he is a go come Sunday :)

4. Walter Rasby is set to be activated for the Titans game but is described as 'limited' in what he will be able to do Sunday. The beat reporter, Bram Weinstein, noted that Rasby limped through practice and didn't run any pass routes.

I guess we are looking at Rasby coming in and playing third downs as a pass protector.

I wonder if keeping him out another week would allow him to finish the season on the field?

Other than Gardener not much to be excited about here :(

1. Chris Samuels continues to struggle with his groin injury and Alex Sulfsted has been moved out from guard to left tackle and will start if Chris can't go on Sunday.

This is terrifying news. Sulfsted at LT would be a nightmare scenario for whoever starts at QB.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing airplane glue." :party:

The reasons for overpaying Fina are evident :). Too bad we didn't do that. Sulfstead is a dangerous proposition for us here. I think you'll end up seeing Samuels in there, but, you don't like coming out of a bye worse off than when you entered it.

Jones is out for the season. We could only hope he wasn't injured. With his strong play at left guard early in the preseason, and his very good play against the Steelers and the Bucs at left tackle, he's just the kind of guy we could have used to solidify other questions on the line, both as a starter and in reserve.

Samuels indeed is very gimpified at the moment. Do you really think Carter would have consistently beaten him off the edge otherwise? Puh-lease.

I had hoped that the bye week would allow him to recuperate, and I'm not quite sure where all of these other injuries have come from.

Honestly, here's hoping we can jump out to a massive leave quickly, so we can take out Smooty, Samuels, and Rasby, and just start pounding the ball with S. Davis. We're going to need these guys to be healthy down the road.

Archived