Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Aikman

GritzRgreat

Every QB is pretty much only as good as his line and receiving corps allow. It's playmaking ability that separates them and Aikman had that ability. While I think Aikman is deserving, a good part of the credit for his success has to go to Jimmy Johnson for building that team.

Funny think about Aikman's stats, had Joe Theismann not languished behind Kilmer and Jurgensen so long or been able to start another year or two, his stats would have been almost identical to Aikman's and we'd be talking about Joe in the HOF.

Every QB is pretty much only as good as his line and receiving corps allow. It's playmaking ability that separates them and Aikman had that ability. While I think Aikman is deserving, a good part of the credit for his success has to go to Jimmy Johnson for building that team.

Funny thing about Aikman's stats, had Joe Theismann not languished behind Kilmer and Jurgensen so long or been able to start another year or two, his stats would have been almost identical to Aikman's and we'd be arguing more about Joe's HOF worthiness.

eh, i still think aikman is a little overrated. if it wasnt for the talent around him, he never would have won those three rings.

but hey, anyone quarterback who wins 3 super bowls deserves the HOF, no matter what team they were on on.

Certainly he was surrounded by talent, but man he was one accurate sob. He deserves to be in, but Monk had better get in before Aikmans favorite target

Aikman didn't make mistakes in big games. Like Tom Brady and Joe Montana he made the most of the opportunities that were presented to him.

A lot of quarterbacks on good teams that are contenders year in and year out fail to excel in the big games. Look at Jim Kelly. So far you can count Peyton Manning in that category as well, albeit on a lesser scale.

The truth is that Troy Aikman was a top tier NFL quarterback, and if Joe Gibbs had had him during the 1980's as a consistent force the Redskins very well might have been the Steelers of that decade.

Look, I have no problem with Aikman making it. But, you mean to tell me that 2 Cowboys made it.. and we can't get one of the most prolific WR's ever to play the game. This is crazy. As good as Aikman was, IMO is not even in the top 10 QB's ever. But, when you look at Art, there are not many ahead of him. The guy was one of the most consistant players, and considered by many the "Jerry Rice" before Jerry Rice. Come on man, I get pissed every year when i watch this mess.

Archived