Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EXTREMESKINS TRAINING CAMP COVERAGE - DAY 3 (1AM Update)

JimmiJo

Guest BIGJoeSalave'a
Just got back from TC day 3:

Here's a list of who stood out today both good and bad:

Good:

Randy Thomas, he dominated his defenders in the one on one drills even sending a few to the ground. Good to see him back and healthy.

Mike Espy, He was surprisingly the most consistent reciever today and even beat the defense deep for a TD. He would easily make the team if we weren't so deep at WR. Lloyd did well also. Moss had some nice catches but was inconsistent.

Anthony Montgomery, he manhandled his blockers in the one on one drills, he has great moves, is very powerful and explosive and should make the team. I'm excited about this guy.

Bad:

Rabach, the guy got manhandled by just about every defender he went up against in the one on ones.

:logo:

sabadahabada, you are the man!! :notworthy

Thank you so much for the TC - Day3 update.

I cross my fingers and hope Rabach does not become the Achilles heel of our Oline. Center may be is our weakest link. I bet our enemy will overload the middle to test Rabach strength.

WHAT? It ended an hour ago. That isn't enough time to upload and update? C'mon ES, get w/ the program. You have been given a privledge to inform the under privledge. That doesn't mean you can sit on your arse until you feel like updating. The Redskins Organization expects you to inform the fans from a fans point of view. Lets hear it. We don't want to wait for your earliest convenience..

:silly: Just kidding, forgot it was rescheduled to 7pm. Hope you had fun.

The pactice may end my friend, but who do you think it is in the trenches trying to get questions with the likes of Cooley and Moss and others?

That's right, the J-Man! :silly:

Thanks for the Lumsden audio man, boy he sure talks like a Canuck doesn't he...

4.43 at his visit in DC is pretty nice...he was 4.41 up in Buffalo so it wasn't just a fluke.

You are the best, keep up the good work.

You know UpNorth, I got that just for you. I especially liked the shout-out he gave you and the other Canadians. He's a good guy.

You know UpNorth, I got that just for you. I especially liked the shout-out he gave you and the other Canadians. He's a good guy.

OK and by the way, I know tomorrow's practices are closed to the public, but if you are gonna be there, August 3 is Lumsden's birthday...

Even last year Rabach looked like Raymer by physically struggling with a lot of blocks. It wasn't surprising to see him get blowed up - especially after teams learned that was the best way to attack the interior run. Hopefully the emphasis on off-tackle runs will slow that down and make Rabach a better blocker since he's not catching blitzing LBs as soon as he twitches the ball.

As for Molinaro, I still can't get over last year's pre-season game against the Ravens. He was clearly overmatched against the Ravens' 3rd-stringers. It was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen an OT take - Molinaro consistently gave up the corner. And it wasn't like Samuels giving up the corner because Brunell started in the shotgun and then dropped back 7 more yards giving Samuels an impossible angle. Guys were just flying by Molinaro. Unless he has a massive improvement, I doubt he'll even be on the Practice Squad this year.

This is all very discouraging about Rabach...it actually sounds as if he's regressing. He'll merit special attention the rest of camp to gauge his development. That's a crucial position where any weakness will be devastating.

It was surprising to see him not do so well yesterday.

I hope it was the heat that got to him.

My theory on Rabach is he is a guy with ordinary talant that works his tail off to make it in the league. I think with the injury he suffered in the offseason it took away from the work he normaly does. I think he is as we speak getting himself in shape again. I think he will be ok by the time the season starts.

My theory on Rabach is he is a guy with ordinary talant that works his tail off to make it in the league. I think with the injury he suffered in the offseason it took away from the work he normaly does. I think he is as we speak getting himself in shape again. I think he will be ok by the time the season starts.

How do you know how Rabach looked? You were too busy watching the Redskins.TV anchor!

Rabach, the guy got manhandled by just about every defender he went up against in the one on ones.

When Bostic went down with a knee injury in 1984 opponents frequently blizted LB's up the middle. I see this happening quite frequently this season.

Archived