Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Tailgate Info?

worstSeat

Thought I'd throw this out before the real board posting explosion starts -- Can we get info on the ES Tailgates in a sticky/permanent thread?

The pictures last year were great, but I thought some newbs like myself might want to show up this year -- and need the 411 on location & what to bring. (In my case, what to bring that doesn't need refrigeration; Amtrak's not the best place to lug a cooler...) Didn't pull up any obvious threads with Search, though I think searching for "ES tailgate" might not be all that limiting, thus the sticky request.

I don't think theres a real need to sticky them. Once the season starts, the tailgate thread pretty much stays on the frontpage anyway. We have to keep a limit on what gets stickied or after awhile we've got so many you don't pay attention to any of them.

Tailgate stuff is easy to find - not right now, because we're still in the Summer doldrums - but it will be.

A week or two before each tailgate either RonJeremy or Huly usually start a thread in the Tailgate Section about the upcoming tailgate and info specific to it. In the not do distant future you will see one about the Jets preseason tailgate. Keep an eye out. :cheers:

We start a thread a week before each game in the Tailgate section of ES. It tells all the basics (time gates open spot where we are at (same place every game), if thee is a special event that tailgate etc). This year we are going to be in the green lot section E43/E44. I have attached a map to give you an idea. For the scrimmage on 8-5-06 we are kind of doing a mini tailgate but it is more of a meet and greet since we do not have much time. Drink and snacks etc. Nothing major. The first ES tailgate will be the Jets pre-season game on 8-19-06. I hope to see you and many others there! HTTR! :point2sky

Thanks Huly, I can't wait to be at a ES tail gate on 9-11! My first ever home opener!
What's the easiest way to get over there if you dont have your own parking pass? Is it far from where the Landover metro shuttle drops you at the stadium?

The last two years they busses have dropped you off at different locations so that might change again this year. The best thing to do would be to folloe the green lot signs they are alphabetical and numbered. Last year if you were facing the stadium you would go right through one parking lot and we are there on the corner of redskins road. Another thing pez and I have done instead of taking the shuttle over we caught a cab and have him drop you off on redskins road. it cost about the same and you can still take the shuttle back to the metro.

Archived