Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dark Horse Predictions

Burgold

Okay, with Training Camp within sight I thought it was time to make some predictions.

1. Who is your dark horse candidate to make the team? Who comes out of nowhere and stakes a roster spot?

2. Who is your dark horse candidate to make the opening day starting roster?

My dark horse for number 2 is Chris Clemmons. Maybe not the darkest of horses, but with all the talk around Holdman and Rocky, I still think he might have a chance to start on opening day. He's always had good hustle and speed and has flashed a lot. I'd like to see him come through and surprise.

TJ takes the spot from Patten after Preseason and Clemons stays as the Strong Side backer behind Marcus.

Kedric Golston and Ant Mongomery both make the squad as the backup DTs, with Manai brown on the practice squad.

Lumsden is our #1 kickoff returner after the preseason too. :point2sky

1. Who is your dark horse candidate to make the team? Who comes out of nowhere and stakes a roster spot?

1. Taylor Jacobs. This staff likes him, he's young and cheap, and keeping him isn't up to an ES vote. :D

2. Aside from WLB there's no real position battles, are there?

Okay, with Training Camp within sight I thought it was time to make some predictions.

1. Simon at LB. Being from Tennessee, I get to see a lot of University of Tennessee football (unfortunately, they shove UT football down your throat here, GO OHIO STATE), anyways, Simon has great work ethic, and built like a brick.

2. As far as starters go, unless there are injuries, I really dont think there are that many starting postions open. I think you will see Holdman starting at first, until Rocky is ready. And I think a lot of people on here dont think Patten will be around, but dont be surprised if hes the #2 receiver this year.

And BTW..someone earlier said Evans would replace big Joe upfront. No way.. Sorry just dont see that happening withstanding injuries of course... :2cents:

Archived