Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RTandler on WTEM

rtandler

In case anyone here cares. . .

I'll be on Redskins at Six with Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban this Wednesday during, obviously, the six o'clock hour. The subject will be, of course, just what you get from me around here, shameless promotion of the book with every possible metion of the Website that I can squeeze in:D

You can tune in at sportstalk980.com

There will also be some good talk about Redskins history as both of those guys are as into it as we are (although they are a bit more cynical than most, to be sure).

Anyway, if you tune in and you have a moment to let me know what you thought, I'd appreciate it. You can write to me privately at rtandler@comcast.net

BTW, has anyone else had problems getting WTEM on the Internet? I haven't been able to for a couple of weeks. The player comes up fine, it tries to tune in but then I get an error message telling me to check the station. Anyone else coming across this?

Originally posted by rtandler

BTW, has anyone else had problems getting WTEM on the Internet? I haven't been able to for a couple of weeks. The player comes up fine, it tries to tune in but then I get an error message telling me to check the station. Anyone else coming across this?

I just tried, got on fine.

Are you using IE?

Are you behind a firewall?

Originally posted by rtandler

Yes, IE, no firewall. I haven't changed anything on my system recently and, like I said, it worked until a couple of weeks ago.

Are you using IE 6? Sometimes a change on the streaming server can necessitate an upgrade on the browser/media player.

Way to go, Mr. Tandler. Getting the word out is what it's ALL about in that line of work. :)

FWIW, I've been dropping hints like mad with the family that a certain book I've had my eye on would make a fine birthday present next month. We'll see if they've been paying attention.

Also, if I may ... depending on how the interview goes, please tell Mr. Czaban that his act is indeed amusing at times, and that he sometimes does in fact find the crux of the matter when it comes to Skins issues, but that he's yet to really mix it up with the REAL Redskins fans. The ones who see through the vocal pyrotechnics he falls back on too often.

Tell him the boys & girls at Extreme would welcome him here, if and when he thinks he's ready to test his Redskins knowledge, and perhaps his mind in general. He seems like the kind of guy who might appreciate expanding his horizons.

Andy Pollin is a swell guy and all ... but he ain't Extreme. :)

I would welcome Mr. (REDSKIN HIMSELF) Steve Czaban! Anyone remember the choice things he had to say about me on the radio? I still can't wait to meet him face to face to show him what a " computer geek looser" I am. Remember guys, we should leave it to the professionals like Mr. Czaban & Bram!

Mr. Tandler Congrats... If you get a chance ask Mr. Czaban how much football he ever played in his life, what position, how many years, college ball... that kind of thing...

Originally posted by Griff

Mr. Tandler Congrats... If you get a chance ask Mr. Czaban how much football he ever played in his life, what position, how many years, college ball... that kind of thing...

Now, Griff, keep in mind here if you tune that that I'm the guest on the show and that ripping into one of the hosts would not be appropriate :nono: nor would it advance my cause at all.:gus:

I'll be answering the questions, not asking them.

That being said, though, I wish I could:evil:

Originally posted by Bufford

Sorry, Keep Andy and Steve away from here. I can't take that negative outlook ALL the time.

Unfortunately, the belief in the sports/talk radio biz is that negative comments sell better than reasoned analysis.

Thanks, Tom, glad you enjoyed it. It was pretty much a blur to me; the producer told me 13 minutes and it seemed like they were wrapping it up about 90 seconds after we started.

As football coaches say, gotta review the tapes before I can say much about it.:)

Congrats, Rich! I heard the whole thing. I was about to get a haircut, but I waited in my car 'til the whole interview was over. Nice to hear a fellow ExtremeSkin on the air. I've always felt like Andy and Steve were unbearably negative people who are often rude to their guests. I think they could have treated you a little better today, but you came off sounding like a perfect gentleman. I wish you nothing but success with the book. I've already purchased my Extremeskins t-shirts, now all I have to do is order your book. Gotta support our guys! Way to go.

Archived