Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Buck O'Neil (merged)

macnoke03

I know this isn't a lot of meat to start a thread on guys, but I had to :) . They just had a clip on CNN of this 94 year-old :yikes: former Negro League All-Star player who was signed for a one-day contract so he could open up a minor league all-star game :) . The dude was awesome, looking back at the catcher with a pissed look when a high ball made him move out of the way, then looking a little pissed again when the last pitch made it obvious they were deliberately walking him :laugh:

Then he laughed and semi-jogged down to his base looking pretty sharp! At 94!! :cool: Here's to you, Buck, and to a reminder to all of us to keep our eyes on the prize until the last breath. :applause: :cheers:

O lord, I am doomed now. :laugh: I will merge my own thread and I'd put myself in "No New Threads" but I rarely do that to others and I hardly ever start any anyway. :laugh:

Could you do that even if you wanted to? I'm an admin (really, a moderator that the real admin got tired of trying to code moderator powers for, and so just made me an admin) at a small board, and I tried to ban one of the other mods as a joke.

I couldn't do it, so I was forced to play with the profanity filter, turning it into the "Mystery Word Game" (I had the text of a word- first one was soccer, I think- replaced with WINNERWINNERWINNEROFTHEMYSTERYWORDGAME. I couldn't figure out how to make a bird drop out of the ceiling with money in its mouth)

That was popular for about 2 days.

Oh, uh, on topic... Buck O'Neil should be in the Hall of Fame. What's this about lobbying Selig, though? Does he actually have the power to put someone in on his own?

Archived