Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iraqi Olympic Team Kidnapped?!?

TradeTheBeal!

Do anything right? Over THEIR? :doh: Over their what?

I was curious to hear his answer on that, I know that poster has a tendancy to always say America is wrong but I was really curious how he came to the conclusion that we somehow did something wrong or "not right" in this case.

I was curious to hear his answer on that, I know that poster has a tendancy to always say America is wrong but I was really curious how he came to the conclusion that we somehow did something wrong or "not right" in this case.

I was wondering the same thing - how is this are fault? (spelling error on purpose :) ).

I was wondering the same thing - how is this are fault? (spelling error on purpose :) ).

the weird thing is he came back and made his spelling corrections(which I dont really care about) but didnt answer anybodys questions :whoknows:

and DjTj, to a terrorist any human being is worthy as a kidnap victim even if its one of their own people/supporters. All they are after is the headlines in the paper that include x number people kidnapped/murdered, just free propaganda for them.

We have invaded Iraq and hold the country under martial law. We have obliterated the previous regime and helped install one more to our liking. We have done this against the wishes of many of our allies. This was done in the name of "freedom" and "security" for the Iraqi people...Oh, and that WMD thing. Still, we are unable to prevent the ENTIRE Olympic squad (athletes, officials, security) from getting kidnapped in broad daylight in downtown Baghdad? If this is true, it's embarrasing (for us) and sad (for the Iraqis).

Details of the mass abduction were sketchy, but police said the incident took place at a major conference center in central Baghdad. Some mass kidnappings reported by police have later turned out to be arrests made by other security departments.

Police sources said the well-known Olympic Committee chief Ahmed al-Hadjiya and 21 bodyguards had been taken, along with some 30 athletes, by gunmen in blue camouflage uniforms who were driving official-looking four-wheel drive vehicles.

So the headline screams KIDNAP!!!! and then goes on to say we don't really know what's going on. Gotta love the media :doh:

We have invaded Iraq and hold the country under martial law. [/Quote]

WE hold the whole country under martial law? If you say so..

We have obliterated the previous regime and helped install one more to our liking. We have done this against the wishes of many of our allies.[/Quote]

F*ck 'em - they weren't really our allies :)

this was done in the name of "freedom" and "security" for the Iraqi people...Oh, and that WMD thing. [/Quote]

I know it's the "line", but I don't buy it. It was all about Saddam

Still, we are unable to prevent the ENTIRE Olympic squad(athletes, officials, security) from getting kidnapped in broad daylight in downtown Baghdad? If this is true, it's embarrasing (for us) and sad (for the Iraqis).[/Quote]

Day to day security is not our job.

Well, I've also got to point out, though,

The odds of the entire olympic team, and their bodyguards and coaches, being subject to a legitimate arrest are about the same as the next Iranian Pope.

Yeah, those tidbits do imply the possibility that some security group or militia may have done the snatch, but the target says it was a kidnapping, even if it was done by people in uniform.

Well, I've also got to point out, though,

The odds of the entire olympic team, and their bodyguards and coaches, being subject to a legitimate arrest are about the same as the next Iranian Pope.

Yeah, those tidbits do imply the possibility that some security group or militia may have done the snatch, but the target says it was a kidnapping, even if it was done by people in uniform.

Oh I don't doubt it's plausible, but it's yet another example of journalistic sensationalism. All parties are gulity. I'll bet Fox has it on it's OMG BREAKING NEWS LOOK LOOK!! graphic without even knowing the details. They are the absolute worst at it.

Details of the mass abduction were sketchy, but police said the incident took place at a major conference center in central Baghdad. Some mass kidnappings reported by police have later turned out to be arrests made by other security departments.

Police sources said the well-known Olympic Committee chief Ahmed al-Hadjiya and 21 bodyguards had been taken, along with some 30 athletes, by gunmen in blue camouflage uniforms who were driving official-looking four-wheel drive vehicles.

So the headline screams KIDNAP!!!! and then goes on to say we don't really know what's going on. Gotta love the media :doh:

and the people who leap at every media head line to disparage our military by connecting it to them in the most remote way possible.

WE hold the whole country under martial law? If you say so..

I do not say so. However, I'd like to think we have a modicum of control in Baghdad.

F*ck 'em - they weren't really our allies :)

Well Said!!

I know it's the "line", but I don't buy it. It was all about Saddam

I agree.

Day to day security is not our job.

Finish this sentence...Day to Day _______ IS our job in Iraq.

and the people who leap at every media head line to disparage our military by connecting it to them in the most remote way possible.

Actually, the most remote connection, apparently, is to suggest it by stating fact and, consequently, recieve a reactionary response which states it implicitly.

So all know, I support the Iraq "conflict" on these terms only...absolute control of Iraqi crude reserves - Post-occupation influence that deters, not emboldens, daylight mass kidnappings of Iraqi gov't personnel - Post-occupation influence that deters, not emboldens, both Hezbollah/Hamas raids and Israeli reprisals - Democracy in Iraq and Capitalism/Wealth for its people.

I grow weary of my gov'ts failures...not my country's - Like most Israelis, like most Palestinians, like most Americans. IOW, I just want to be proud of America again. I do not want to be a callous, aggressive slumbering sloth who can neither defend nor conquer...A democracy decided by 35% turnout...A superpower terrorized by boxcutters, Islamic neophytes, and absurd physics.

I know that I am rambling OT now. Nevertheless, I demand a structured withdrawal of troops, not influence, from Iraq. I demand a re-opening of the 9/11 commission. I demand a cessation of hostilities from Hezbollah/Lebanon/Hamas/Syria/Israel...because I/WE/U.S. can!!

Gentlemen, we are America! The truth will set us free...bombs and dollars will suffice for our compliants. How much more of our "war of ignorance" can be endured?

How many of those whom might assail me are willing to abide an active draft?

Shall this war - an unconstitutional, unsanctioned (UN), amoral, irresponsible, meta-agressive military occupation/invasion - be America's contribution to 21st century enlightenment? Or shall it be our contribution towards global war?

Whom, among those that criticize my politics, can defend our invasion of Iraq on the grounds that we provide "stability" and "freedom" to the region. Clearly, we have provided neither. In fact, we stand on the brink of global conflict.

"Pearl Harbor" occured on 12/07/1941. WW II effectively ended on 08/09/1945 - the Nagasaki drop - 3 years and 9 months later. We are approaching the 5-yr anniversary of 9/11/01. How much more American/Israeli/Arab blood need be spilled vengefully per that basis?...Five more Years?...If this war is about 9/11 then...WHERE IS OSAMA?

Thanks for the forum!

Peace!

Actually, the most remote connection, apparently, is to suggest it by stating fact and, consequently, recieve a reactionary response which states it implicitly.

Its totally a remote connection based on, a term you like to call everyone else, ignorantance of the state of Iraq. You boldly marched forward after stating that we had Iraq in martial law, got called on it and didnt break stride. Its probably the same reason you want the 9/11 commission to be re opened, your partially informed mind has been driven rabid by conspiracy sites that thinly connect remote dots.

Im suprised you dont list every death by natural cause, every bee sting, and every case of a common cold as our inability to do anything right.

I'm slightly ashamed to admit this, but my second thought upon seeing this (after "Hope it's not true") was:

Well, that wouldn't change the medal count in any way.

That's cold, I know. I must be becoming de-sensitized!

Archived