Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you rank Portis?

congo4269

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

1. LT

2. SA - Who could question production

3. Jamal Lewis.... he did run for 2,000 +

4. Portis tied The Edge... its a U thing

5. Tiki

6. Big Deuce (Saints) Before the injury

7. Ahman Green Before the injury

8. Fred Taylor Before the injury

9. Larry Johnson - I am astounded by his talent...just give me a couple of more seasons before he can leap frog any one else....

10. Corey Dillon... don't front he can get the job done....

my picks of 6,7,8 could flip flop... health issues were a concern for these three & if they were healthy NO could question them.....

Honorable mention... Rudi Johnson, Curtis Martin, Warwick Dunn and Ricky Weedhead Williams...

There are alot of guys whom are too young to just jump in the top 10....

I guess i am just old school....

You know what is funny? The pro bowl selection had Warwick Dunn voted on the pro bowl and clinton portis not in there. How can that be?

Look at Warrick Dunns average. Thats what everybody will tell you. But whats stupid is not alot of people relize that Atlanta runs a running system similiar to Denvers.

You know what is funny? The pro bowl selection had Warwick Dunn voted on the pro bowl and clinton portis not in there. How can that be?

Because the Pro Bowl Voting is finished by week 11 or something, leaving out like 4-5 games. Its stupid, it should finish at the end of the Wild Card Round, I wish they would fix that...

Randy Thomas and CP and prolly Sean Taylor would all have been ProBowlers - We aren't the NBA or Baseball, the game isn't until after the Superbowl, but we finish voting before the playoffs begin, so stupid...:gus:

Barry Sanders was certainly the player I thought of when I said it is rare to see a RB produce without a good system. Now I love Portis, but the way I see it, he went from one good system to another. I think we definetly might see how my theory is true with Edgerin James in Arizona this year. Also, we will probably see Larry Johnson's numbers go down with a new coaching staff in there. I see Portis as a top 5 back in the league statistically. But I have also seen Ladell Betts and Rock Cartwright run very well in this system.

:laugh: One good system to another?

What Redskins Offense have you been watching for the last 2 years? Nothing about the "system" helped Moss, Portis or Cooley - we were lucky to have 3 such amazing talents because Breaux and the boys were just not getting it done.

1. LT - undisputed king: consistant, explosive, versatile, productive, incredible vision, and a home run threat every time he touches the ball. Barring injury (knock on wood), there is no reason LT shouldn't stay atop this perch for at least two or three more seasons, especially with the time it will take for Phillip Rivers to get comfortable..

2. Tiki - he has had two amazing seasons in a row; there will be a dropoff as Eli comes into his own, but I believe Tiki has at least one more great season in him. This will be it.

3. Shaun Alexander - Scoring machine, powerful straight ahead runner. I just can't argue with his production. The loss of Hutchinson will hurt; Alexander's numbers this year will be good, but not great.

4. C Po - His versatility will be maximized with the arrival of Al Saunders. I look for him to leap to #2 after the best season of a so far fantastic NFL Career. This year will mark his return to the pro-bowl.

5. Edgerrin James - Has been a strong and consistant runner. Good yardage, ypc and td numbers. A strong passing game in Arizona should prevent opposing defenses from stacking 8 in the box on every play, although the run-blocking abilities of their O-line have yet to show themselves as anything above ordinary at best.

OH AND PLEASE... It's WARRICK Dunn.

WARWICK Dunn is Willow's giant black half-brother.

peace-

nomad

My list looks something like this:

1. LT

2. Shaun Alexander

3. Edgerrin James

4. CP

5. Tiki

Nobody canc ompare with the talent that LT has. Shaun has put up very solid numbers ever since he took over the starting job. Edge has been there for 8 years and is an all around player.

1. Tomlinson (Proven)

2. Alexander (Proven)

3. Barber (SO underrated by Redskin fans)

4. Portis (A tad small for his style, but still Top 5)

5. E.James (I think he'll take a dip in numbers with the Cards o-line this year.)

Edit- I forgot about Larry Johnson (what a year) but he only started for half the season and I think he will suffer without Al Saunders this season anyway. His performance last year was top 5 but I'm just going to leave my list as is.

Right now Portis is the 2nd best back in the league. LT is #1, Portis is #2. No other RB in the league has amassed 5K+ yards in their first 4 years in the NFL. Portis does have more yards than LT, but LT has more scores hence he's #1.

Right now Portis is the 2nd best back in the league. LT is #1, Portis is #2. No other RB in the league has amassed 5K+ yards in their first 4 years in the NFL. Portis does have more yards than LT, but LT has more scores hence he's #1.

Wow. Good point!

Art pretty much summed it up for me.

At the moment Portis and LT are the only backs to make the top ten in rushing and combined yards from scrimmage the past four years. He's consistantly one of the best in the league, and he should be recognized as such.

LJ: ATT 336 | YDS 1,750 | TD 20

Portis: ATT 352 | YDS 1,516 | TD 11

I think you can argue that he's better.

That's just one season, though. If he produces at that level for 2-3 more years, then you'll certainly be correct. For right now Portis is more consistent and has more experience producing at a high level hence Portis is the better back.

LJ may be one season wonder lets give him 2 more seasons to prove hes better then portis.

portis is turning 24 LJ is turning 27 hmmmmmmm

Exactly.

No way can you use one season to prove who is better. Portis has still had the better career than LJ up to this point and Portis is younger which (hopefully) means he'll be producing for many years to come.

Plus, this thread is about talent, not stats. Portis is the #2 back in the NFL right now, hands down.

:laugh: One good system to another?

What Redskins Offense have you been watching for the last 2 years? Nothing about the "system" helped Moss, Portis or Cooley - we were lucky to have 3 such amazing talents because Breaux and the boys were just not getting it done.

We have a very run-oriented offense that rbs have excelled under currently as well as in the past. Overall it was an effective offense despite a few games where we didn't put points on the board.

We have a very run-oriented offense that rbs have excelled under currently as well as in the past. Overall it was an effective offense despite a few games where we didn't put points on the board.

yeah just like last years horrible win in the first round when we only had about 125 total yards on offense. i hope this year we can move the ball more, and spread it out.

Archived