Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you rank Portis?

congo4269

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel as if I have to come in here and defend Tiki :D

I would say Portis is in the top 5. As has been mentioned by some people, some of you are very much under-rating Tiki Barber. Some are saying Portis can block, run, and catch effectively. So can Tiki and Tomlinson amoing others.

If you are comparing the two running backs in their current state, although I may be biased, I would say Tiki was the better running back. He has had over 2,000 total yards the past two years, has been extremely durable (knock on wood), is a game breaker (has led the league in 50+ yard runs the past two years) and has laid some crucial blocks to give Manning a little more time, for an example refer to the game winning touchdown against Denver.

If you are talking about upcoming years I would take Portis in a heartbeat. He is young and is only going to get better with experience. His first few years have been much better than Barber's especially considering Barber did not play much and had some huge fumbling problems.

I would say the best backs would consist of Tomlinson, Aleaxander, Barber,and Portis in no particular order. Although I sometimes question Alexander since he faces such weak divisional competition annualy.

I feel like LJ needs to perform this year as well for him to be considered.

yeah just like last years horrible win in the first round when we only had about 125 total yards on offense. i hope this year we can move the ball more, and spread it out.

Yeah thats right...We went up 14-0 early and didn't force anything on offense and only had 125 yards. However we managed to win the game. Besides the first games against the Cowboys and Giants, we played well on offense all year. Our offense was good enough to win 10 games in a tough division and make the playoffs so it couldnt have been that bad.

I can see the arguments for CP being top 3, top 5, maybe even top 10, but who voted for him below top 10? What 10 RB's currently in the legue are better than CP? I'd like to see that list. Anybody who voted in the last category care to step up?

Archived