Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 2 XBOX 360

HSW

Just got the game and love it. Did you guys play/beat the campaign

before playing XBL or just jump in?

If you havent played it for a while get used to the controls, and learn the weapons and stuff like that and then go live

I hate fps on a console.. Nothing beats a keyboard and mouse.. But yeah I played it, thought it was extremely short and boring.

Far Cry however is really fun.. And not bad for a consoled fps.

It's not hard on the original setting, but jack that puppy up to the highest setting and then see how easy it it, lol.

Boring? Hell no, that game rocked even on the easy setting.

Far Cry sucked on the original xbox, I never got it for 360.

If you havent played it for a while get used to the controls, and learn the weapons and stuff like that and then go live

What level did you play the campaign on? I started with Normal/Regular

and I just finished the "Silo" portion. I will probably start playing

XBL after that to see how much progress I have made. If I still suck....

I will play the Veteran level.

It's not hard on the original setting, but jack that puppy up to the highest setting and then see how easy it it, lol.

Boring? Hell no, that game rocked even on the easy setting.

Far Cry sucked on the original xbox, I never got it for 360.

The game itself isn't hard. but I always found it hard to aim accurately with a stick instead of a mouse.

It's great -- and the trailer for Call of Duty 3 looks even better.

Outside of Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior, it's been my favorite 360 game so far.

Really good game as well but too friggen short!.. And what's the deal with this day in age we should all have vehicles we can drive..

The Outfit was pretty good.. highly recommend renting it

The game itself isn't hard. but I always found it hard to aim accurately with a stick instead of a mouse.

I compete on gaming consoles, so I train a lot with the controller.

When I'm warmed up, I have a "twitch" shot almost like a M&KB, and on games in the past, I had one just as quick as a M&KB.

But it does take time and effort.

That's one of the things I don't like about M&KB almost everyone has a shot. It's too easy to get that twitch shot.

Really good game as well but too friggen short!.. And what's the deal with this day in age we should all have vehicles we can drive..

The Outfit was pretty good.. highly recommend renting it

Vehicles, you either like 'em or hate 'em.

Me I hate vehicles in shooting games like BF2. That's why I never got that game for the 360.

I like to run from cover to cover trying to locate the enemy.

Hmmm I wonder if I could plug a USB mouse up to my xbox ...

You could do the keyboard for certian things. But I'm almost 100% positive you can't do anything with the mouse on it.

That would suck to have a mouse on the 360. Then everyone would seem like they have skill.

That's cheesey.

Have you played it on veteran yet? If yes, how long did it take

you to beat it?

The Best game online for Xbox so far has been Battlefield 2 (even thought its better on PC) I have no lag what so ever playing that online (xbox360). Ghost recon is ok but too much lag and I keep getting dropped from the server (I have a great cable connection, never lag on pc games online). Look for the Tom Clancy's Vegas which is due sometimes in fall.

On games like that I generally start it off easy and work up then go live.. But I didn't like the game enough to progress.

So you started playing on easy and then quit?

The easy version is a TOTALLY different game then the

harder levels. The Easy level is basically a rambo run and shoot

type game, while the harder levels are a shooter/strategy game.

Most players do not even touch the easy level as it is a waste

of time.

I compete on gaming consoles, so I train a lot with the controller.

When I'm warmed up, I have a "twitch" shot almost like a M&KB, and on games in the past, I had one just as quick as a M&KB.

But it does take time and effort.

That's one of the things I don't like about M&KB almost everyone has a shot. It's too easy to get that twitch shot.

That last statement is very untrue. Everyone has a shot? No. In the PC version its true, the crappy players are better because it is easier to get the basics of a mouse down. As a result the great players on the PC have to be that much better than the great players of say...the console.

Both are difficult to use, but I think that getting good enough to seperate yourself from the rest is harder in the PC version.

Also, I dont like the slower pace of the Xbox version. When was the last time you saw someone go 120-10 on CTF?

of time.

Agreed. The Veteran level is very much about cover and being smart. Takes a while to beat and is VERY immersive.

That last statement is very untrue. Everyone has a shot? No. In the PC version its true, the crappy players are better because it is easier to get the basics of a mouse down. As a result the great players on the PC have to be that much better than the great players of say...the console.

Both are difficult to use, but I think that getting good enough to seperate yourself from the rest is harder in the PC version.

Also, I dont like the slower pace of the Xbox version. When was the last time you saw someone go 120-10 on CTF?

I think you are taking that statement literally. Obviously some newb isn't going to have a shot.

But I played M&KB and I know how easy it is to get good with it.

That's why it's so popular because a lot of people don't have time to get good with the controller like they could with the mouse.

Of course there are going to be some gods with the mouse that seperate themselves from other players.

But the controller is far more harder to master than the mouse.

And I don't play capture the flag so I couldn't say.

But I can't tell you how many times I have been kicked from rooms putting up numbers like 30 and 5 on GRAW.

And there are people that will do that to me, making me look like a chump when I don't train enough. Which has been the case because I can't find a serious team, so I only practice so much.

Try this.

Take your mouse and do things like circles, squares, figure 8 patterns.

Now try that with the controller. Even I have trouble doing some of those, even after months of practice.

I especially have trouble with diagonal movement on GRAW, with a mouse you could spell your name out.

But when I get past that breaking point, and my shot becomes "twitch", you couldn't tell if I was playing with a mouse or not.

But that takes some serious dedication.

So you started playing on easy and then quit?

of time.

Dude.. I didn't like it. Get over it.. move on.. It's not the end of the world

Dude.. I didn't like it. Get over it.. move on.. It's not the end of the world

Loose the attitude. If you did not want conversation on this game then

move on. Nobody forced you to post in this thread.

Archived