Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steeler ARE vs. Redskin ARE

Langford78

Yeah... I haven't forgotten him. I lumped him into that "other" 200 yards receiving. Look, I like Patten, but he couldn't really do that much last year when he was the undisputed #2, pre-injury, and I don't think we'll see much of him this year. The fourth WR is just an insurance policy. Patten is good and experienced, and if one of the other guys goes down, he'll be able to step in. But I don't expect much of anything from him, production-wise, given how much the Skins have invested in Moss, ARE, and Lloyd.

Last year, we brought in two WR who had potential. Only Moss blew up.

This year, we bring in two WR who have potentital, we only need one to blow up.

Randel El is going to help the team out with the fact that he is the #2 reciever. He can return kicks, that's something we needed help in last season. We now can put in some trick plays, that Coach Gibbs occasionally liked to do his first time around.

Then with Lloyd at #3, of course Moss as #1, this could be as scary a recieving squad as the Posse. Plus with Cooley, Sellers, Portis, our O-line, and even Patten as the #4 reciever, this offense has the potential to be the Rams offense with Vermiel. However, with our defense, this could be the most dominate team to ever put on helmets.

Randle El is going to be the #3 reciever functioning in the slot.

Lloyd is the #2, an outside down field threat reciever with possesion skills much bigger than his 6.5 inch 192 pound frame.

We most likely will "start" 3 recievers so all 3 can be "starters"

Even if Lloyd has only 30 catches (with 16 starts - that will be an impossible feat) he is still better than Patten because he is very young and can get much much better along with CP, Cooley, Moss and even ARE. Not to mention JC... we are set for years at the skill positions.

:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

Don't think it will have much impact losing ARE to Washington. When Plaxico Buress went to another NFC team (Which I might add is one of my 4 most hated teams in the NFL, not including the other 3 in AFC North) didn't make a bit of difference.

Spoken like a Steelers fan with that comment...

He will have a big impact I do not believe he would have signed with the Skins if he didn't think he could have made an impact or just here to do trick plays and return kicks. I seen him have a couple of very good games one come to mind was against the Giants he killed them but then again it doesn't take much with that secondary they had:laugh:

Pretty much...it's crazy how that is done. He is this great, versatile, speedy, dynamic playmaker for the Steelers and a big loss to thier offense..but as an addition to the Skins he's a mediocre 3rd option, unpolished wideout. go figure.

:laugh: :laugh: I know its so true.

Thats okay though, like Sean Taylor says, "We don't want your respect.... Until after we play you."

aside from just returning kicks, he is a good WR. the steelers play a grind it out kind of offense. they run, run, run, pass occasionally. randle el was always the 3rd passing option behind hines ward and heath miller.

with the al saunders offense, i see the ball being spread around to keep defenses honest. ARE will see plenty of balls thrown his way, especially on deep routes since he will be singled up in our greatest show on grass

Im just happy the redskins added 2 playmakers. If you watch tapes whenever the steelers needed a play randle el would provide it. If we would have had randle el last year against the seahawks we would have gotten better field position from his returns.He would have made a big difference for us. Dont forget about Lloyd either, last year against the cowboy he had 4 receptions for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns with double coverage. Whoever the number 2 receiver is we will dominate the opposing secondary.

Im just happy the redskins added 2 playmakers. If you watch tapes whenever the steelers needed a play randle el would provide it. If we would have had randle el last year against the seahawks we would have gotten better field position from his returns.He would have made a big difference for us. Dont forget about Lloyd either, last year against the cowboy he had 4 receptions for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns with double coverage. Whoever the number 2 receiver is we will dominate the opposing secondary.

Oh it won't just be the #2 man, thats the point! With those triplets out there and Cooley running the flat/slipping in between the zone - portis will be able to finally run wild.

The Steelers were dead last in the NFL in pass attempts in 2004 and in 2005. 4-time Pro Bowler Hines Ward didn't even get 1000 yards last year, and he barely got 1000 in 2004. Randle-El was not going to have big numbers, particularly when he had to share the few catches there were with Plax and then Heath Miller.

It reminds me of Santana Moss. People thought he stunk because he only had 838 yards, but what do you expect when he only had 45 catches? We gave him 84 catches, and he made the Pro Bowl.

Randle El is not nearly Santana Moss, but if you give him the ball enough, he'll get the yards, too.

Randel El is going to help the team out with the fact that he is the #2 reciever. He can return kicks, that's something we needed help in last season. We now can put in some trick plays, that Coach Gibbs occasionally liked to do his first time around.

Then with Lloyd at #3, of course Moss as #1, this could be as scary a recieving squad as the Posse. Plus with Cooley, Sellers, Portis, our O-line, and even Patten as the #4 reciever, this offense has the potential to be the Rams offense with Vermiel. However, with our defense, this could be the most dominate team to ever put on helmets.

Man thats what Im saying! By the way im from Turlock...Mwoohuhhuhhuh

Oh it won't just be the #2 man, thats the point! With those triplets out there and Cooley running the flat/slipping in between the zone - portis will be able to finally run wild.

I find myself wondering...we have all of these good receivers, so we send them out, the teams play honest coverage (they have too), and then they have to be aware of Portis, so we play action fake it, and Cooley gets thrown all kinds of balls. I just see Cooley having a great year! And then when teams start playing Cooley tighter...someone else winds up being wide open...then they have to play tighter coverage...so Portis gets to have his fun, then they start covering Portis and the running lanes, and guess what...Cooley is open again...

IS IT SEPTEMBER YET???

GIBBS IS BACK!

nUFF sAID!!!

Pretty much...it's crazy how that is done. He is this great, versatile, speedy, dynamic playmaker for the Steelers and a big loss to thier offense..but as an addition to the Skins he's a mediocre 3rd option, unpolished wideout. go figure.

This is exactly the point I was triing to make when I started this post. :) It's like writers are talking about two different players when they talk about Steeler ARE as apposed to Redskin ARE. :rolleyes:

Funny thing about this if Antwaan went to the Bears like everyone thought he was going to do because he is from Chicago. It would have been a great move for the Bears.. But since he signed with the Redskins.. It was a bad move :rolleyes:

The point I was trying to make.....not necessarily as a Steelers Fan, but, as a fan of any NFL team, period is that when people, in general, think losing a key player from a previous season will hurt that particular team, sometimes it does not. The players that step up in his place make the team just as good as they were and the success continues. Not always, it can hurt too. I hope Antwaan Randel El does good in Washington as a Redskins player, I am sure he will. I also hope that his replacement with the Steelers does well too. Who wants there favorite team to miss out on the playoffs or winning the Championship, in any sport (MLB, NFL, NBA, etc). We want the success for Washington and, in my case, Pittsburgh as well. :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived