Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I prayed tonight...

Renegade7

They have to want it and ask for it then I have no problem with it. However when someone is saying they are having issues religion is not the end all of solving problems.

Religion should be a personal issue and leave at that unless the person wants religious advice.

How would you feel if you had a kid and he was at school and told his Teacher he was having a bad time in something then the teacher said turn to the bible or church.

That is forcing religion on someone, you may not think of it that way but it is.

The only way I would have a problem with giving advice about going to church, is if I had a problem with church(or a specific church). Which obviously I don't.

And that goes for anyone at any age.

Even with your own words, someone talking about suicide and hurting is asking for help. And going to church is the best way someone can get helped.

Or else I wouldn't have said it.

"When I hear someone say that their religion is private. I can't help but think it's so private you can't even find it." - Pastor Micheal Ussef

You like the "weenie" comment huh?!?!

One of us ACTUALLY was "owned" with a picture of themselves unconscious, laying in the dirt in a puddle of urine.

And he replies with a sub-adolescent retort about "touching a weenie" (ie pedophilia)... which is actually quite pathetic for a grown man and a school teacher... and that's the zinger?

Always interesting to note the mental capacity of some individuals of this community. There was a time when the average IQ wasn't so low.

At least I know how to read what someone writes Die Hard. Again, I was not passed out. I don't know what any of this bantering has to do with Renegade's post? I understand that you want to get your personal messege across that you hate organized religion.... :blahblah:

What does a picture of me drunk have to do with anything anyway? Does that make you a better person than me? Does it make you smarter? Does it make my opinion less important than yours?

As to the "touching of the weenie" comment, your right. I should of said penis, that is more mature. I was just trying to get to the root of your anger. I don't know how my comment reflects on me being a grown man or school teacher. There have been many reported cases of child molestation by Catholic priests. So my comment was topical.

And as far as mental capacity and IQ. Anytime you want to test yours against mine I would be happy to. You have shown the inability to control yourself and stay on a thread topic. You routinely lash out at others that prescribe to religion, and you can't seem to read too well what others write :whoknows: Sounds like you have poor impulse control and some limited intellectual functioning going on there :dunce:

I never mentioned YOU as being someone that was trying to get their personal agendas across. You are the one that immediately ASSumed it was you I was talking about and started the verbal barbs. I wonder why you did this? Was it because you were feeling guilty for doing just that?

Maybe, you should take sometime to think about this before responding. ;)

You like the "weenie" comment huh?!?!

One of us ACTUALLY was "owned" with a picture of themselves unconscious, laying in the dirt in a puddle of urine.

And he replies with a sub-adolescent retort about "touching a weenie" (ie pedophilia)... which is actually quite pathetic for a grown man and a school teacher... and that's the zinger?

Always interesting to note the mental capacity of some individuals of this community. There was a time when the average IQ wasn't so low.

Riiiiight.

:jerk:

Hey, I'm sure that Bugs was owned in his urine-soaked, drunken picture but his comment was right on par with your religion-thrashing.

Speaking of mental capacity, when you post angry, anti-religious rants it makes you look just as "delusional" as the religious fanatics that rant all the time.

My advice to the thread starter.....Pray that your time of darkness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for. :)

What a wonderful quote, thanks Brice. And Bugs'-beautifully put.

Renegade,

I feel for the time you are going through in your life, your pain, your uncertainty, your fear. I have no brilliant advice except to say that I have been there. I believe that one of the most difficult phases of life is two-part:

after high-school

after college

(finished or not).

Those are phases of identity we have to go through-really growing pains. For me, it was after college. Someone can have everything going for them, and still feel SO lost with no direction in sight. (and that almost feels worse, to not have an excuse to feel so bad, to not have had a dysfunctional family or anything dark in the past-it feels worse to feel like you created your own darkness).

This may just be late-night blabbing. But Renegade, hang in there. I've heard someone say, "Emotions are temporary." They go up and down like the ocean all of your life.

I believe there is a purpose for everything. We all have special purposes in life. And as my mom always used to say, shiznit grows beautiful flowers. (fertilizer--but she really didn't use snoop language).

If you can just hang on through the dark times, when you reach the light, it will shine brighter on you. You will know where you have been, and appreciate the good so much more.

When I'm down I do 2 of 3 things:

1. I always pray. (and there is no better feeling than direct answer to prayer)

2. I make a gratitude list. 10 things I am grateful for, I list in my head. Sometimes it was that I had both my legs, my eyesight, my best friend, etc.

That always works.

3. I watch Liar Liar. That always gets me cracking up.

But one more thing, I've realized that I have to be ready to be cheered up, ready to be positive. Sometimes I've learned, I have to feel what I feel for the time being, and go through it, trudge through the road to happiness so to speak--before I decide to do the 2 out of 3 things.

You can pm me as well anytime. I will be praying for you.

Archived