Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta's words.....

FuriousD

You guys remember when we thought David Patten was going to be our #1 WR, and moss was being overpaid?

Who would have thought Marcus Washington would perform better then Laver Arrington. What I’ am trying to say is that Adam Archuleta is going to be our Santana moss of defense. Theirs a reason we paid all this money for him Greg Williams really likes this guy. And he has more work ethic then any of our other players. Sean is really young, I don’t expect him to have a defensive player of the year like season. But I do of Adam Archuleta; he finally has a chance to do well in a good defense a team where defense comes first.

Did anyone take into consideration...maybe AA is just trying to be Modest instead of running his mouth about being an elite strong safety? In regards to us fighting over who will be better, Shawn or AA;there will be absolutely no contest. Shawn albiet his off-field issues, is in a class of his own.

ding.... the winner

he sounds like a Gibb's type guy

Wow you guys couldn't be more wrong :doh:

Did everyone forget about Big Griff in the middle? :whoknows:

It is also laughable that 2 guys who haven't played a down for the Skins (Carter, Arch) would be ranked in the top 4 :laugh:

Springs > Rogers btw

Haha, line-for-line, that was pretty much what I was going to say.

Arch is just being modest and then commenting on the difference of the defensive schemes.

To bottle neck a coordinator like GW's defensive scheme into any fancy Cover 2 or 4-6 or 3-4 title just doesn't work - he uses principles of all of them - sometimes all in one down.

Not to mention one major thing that the Skins and teams like the Steelers do - the zone blitz. It requires a level of not just talent but versatility found in players at every one of our positions from DT (Griff dropping back in a zone) to FS (Sean as a CB or LB zone or blitz) to blitzing CBs or rotating them up top. Then you have Lemar who could play SS in this league (being as he was CB at Michigan St.). The Rams didn't have even close to the type of players needed to play this kind of scheme consistently and not just as a once in a while thing.

Anyway yes it is complicated. And he is being modest. Most importantly - he is healthy for the first time in 12 months and is going to be a beast.

As far as AA against Clark... puhleez. AA has Clark beat in every facet, including zone coverage. Clark has infinitely better hands - but that is it. AA is not a "coverage strong safety" like Ed Reed and Cory Chavous but he hardly is a deficit in that area - he isn't going to hurt you with his coverage. Especially when he will be playing a cloud zone or a help zone position - or just jamming the TE and covering the flat. These are things AA could do in his sleep.

They is gonna be bizzeasts.

Most fans from other teams would argue Adam archuleta hits harder then Sean Taylor yes The great Sean taylor.......

My friends who are not skins fan, but they think AA is the hardest hitting safety in nfl after john lynch...

Thats gonna be AA's dowfall if any, sure he is a workout warrior and a stud of a hitter but can he play within the scheme. Danny filled up his bank account with alot of coin now get your azz in the classroom and learn!!!!

Freelancing is not allowed on this defensive team right Lavar?

I think AA is going to have amazing season with us, I say 10+ sacks for him and a probowl year maybe defensive player of the year just my thoughts...;)

Only on the Xbox version of Madden and if C Rogers, Taylor, Washington, Carter are out.

i'm so excited with AA on the team, I'm about to pee myself. Him and taylor what else can a defense ask for in safeties. He is gonna be that extra guy in the box. He's hit like a player 20 pounds heavier and he can diagnose plays earlier than taylor. However taylor makes up for it with his incredible athletism

I think this is going to be the worst free agent pickup this season...I am still a little worried if he is going to work in our system. I am little worried when he is in coverage. But I hope he has a great season and if Greg Williams likes then he must see something in the kid.

I disagree, but the reason I quoted your post is, I still find it so hilarious when a 22 year old talks about "the kid." :laugh:

Sorry, just cracks me up.

i'm so excited with AA on the team, I'm about to pee myself. Him and taylor what else can a defense ask for in safeties. He is gonna be that extra guy in the box. He's hit like a player 20 pounds heavier and he can diagnose plays earlier than taylor. However taylor makes up for it with his incredible athletism

Thats what iam trying to say that guys a tackle machine and he can tackle better then sean taylor its a fact......

Arch is just being modest and then commenting on the difference of the defensive schemes.

To bottle neck a coordinator like GW's defensive scheme into any fancy Cover 2 or 4-6 or 3-4 title just doesn't work - he uses principles of all of them - sometimes all in one down.

Not to mention one major thing that the Skins and teams like the Steelers do - the zone blitz. It requires a level of not just talent but versatility found in players at every one of our positions from DT (Griff dropping back in a zone) to FS (Sean as a CB or LB zone or blitz) to blitzing CBs or rotating them up top. Then you have Lemar who could play SS in this league (being as he was CB at Michigan St.). The Rams didn't have even close to the type of players needed to play this kind of scheme consistently and not just as a once in a while thing.

Anyway yes it is complicated. And he is being modest. Most importantly - he is healthy for the first time in 12 months and is going to be a beast.

As far as AA against Clark... puhleez. AA has Clark beat in every facet, including zone coverage. Clark has infinitely better hands - but that is it. AA is not a "coverage strong safety" like Ed Reed and Cory Chavous but he hardly is a deficit in that area - he isn't going to hurt you with his coverage. Especially when he will be playing a cloud zone or a help zone position - or just jamming the TE and covering the flat. These are things AA could do in his sleep.

They is gonna be bizzeasts.

Great points!

If Arch is healthy, he will be a pleasant surprise for all Skins fans. This guy is a physical specimen (much like Arrington) and he plays full speed and loves contact. To all Arrington fans out there, make Arch you new "man"...you'll love his explosive style...AND he's a Joe Gibbs kind of character guy.

At the NFL combine he set the record for bench press and vertical jump for Safetys...so we know he's stronger and faster than Taylor. And, yes, the guy is a training freak. His trainer, Jay Schroeder is legendary amoung powerlifters for his unique application of Russian power training techniques. Here's a link to a 30-second video of Schoeder training Arch.

http://www.arpprogram.com/resources/video/archuleta_freak.html

Eric

It was my understanding that ST Louis used a variation of the Cover 2 as well as the Bears. In AA's press confrence he mentioned this as a reason that it was tough choice between the two teams. Williams also uses a Cover 3 where ST will play center field and he will also use AA and ST as MIC LB's quite often and allow the good coverage outside LB's to drop into cover. You never now what the mad man of defense will come at you with!!!!!!

Guest gayformoss

don't forget about Griffin, Springs, or Rodgers

AA will be great helping us stop long runs against our D

Am I reading too much into this or are the cover 2 and the 46 really worlds apart?

:dallasuck

Yes, the Cover 2 and the 46 are worlds apart. If you have a good Cover 2 defense, you usually don't blitz very often and have very few blitz packages since you're getting your pressure almost exclusively from the down linemen. OTOH, the 46 blitzes quite often. IIRC, the Skins blitz more than any other team on first down over the last two years.

With that, 46 defenses usually have a ton of complex blitzing schemes. Archuleta should be a good fit in the 46, but I can see what he's saying in his statements.

Rich..........

rid1afs-dal.jpg

If Arch is healthy, he will be a pleasant surprise for all Skins fans. This guy is a physical specimen (much like Arrington) and he plays full speed and loves contact. To all Arrington fans out there, make Arch you new "man"...you'll love his explosive style...AND he's a Joe Gibbs kind of character guy.

At the NFL combine he set the record for bench press and vertical jump for Safetys...so we know he's stronger and faster than Taylor. And, yes, the guy is a training freak. His trainer, Jay Schroeder is legendary amoung powerlifters for his unique application of Russian power training techniques. Here's a link to a 30-second video of Schoeder training Arch.

http://www.arpprogram.com/resources/video/archuleta_freak.html

Eric

Thats what iam trying to tell them AA may look wimpy but hes stronger then sean taylor and faster. If he hits you, you get knocked out. Most people say AA is the hardest hitting safety in nfl.

Thats what iam trying to tell them AA may look wimpy but hes stronger then sean taylor and faster. If he hits you, you get knocked out. Most people say AA is the hardest hitting safety in nfl.

Sean actually had better #s than arch in the 20 yard dash, but Arch is better in the 40 - so they aren't that much different in speed.

Sean's best 40 was a 4.43 (the 4.51 was an average) and Arch's was a 4.37. Sean had infinitely better agility and we all know Arch is like the strongest safety ever. He would have been the 5th strongest Defensive tackle in the 2006 draft :laugh:

I guess my point is not that I dissagree on arch being a beast of beasts, but he hardly dwarf's Sean's athleticism.

I don't know if there has ever been a tandem of safeties who are as known for their game changing punishing hits... :D

Sean actually had better #s than arch in the 20 yard dash, but Arch is better in the 40 - so they aren't that much different in speed.

Sean's best 40 was a 4.43 (the 4.51 was an average) and Arch's was a 4.37. Sean had infinitely better agility and we all know Arch is like the strongest safety ever. He would have been the 5th strongest Defensive tackle in the 2006 draft :laugh:

I guess my point is not that I dissagree on arch being a beast of beasts, but he hardly dwarf's Sean's athleticism.

I don't know if there has ever been a tandem of safeties who are as known for their game changing punishing hits... :D

how strong is this AA guy i jsut dont get thats insane defensive tackles are like 300+ pounds

Archived