Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Miss the ExtremeSkins History Database!

Khun Kao

I realize that the change in venue has prompted this feature to go away, but man, I sure miss it! The ExtremeSkins Redskins History Database was, by far, one of the coolest features on the entire internet!

Is there any chance at all of it coming back???

I believe someone at HR.com hacked in and stole the one we had, so you can still use it there. We are also upgrading ours and will have it individually available. We're trying to add some cross functional links to news items and the like, but we're not sure where that'll go.

I miss that feature as well. It was one of the best features on the site. Not that some of the changes havent been great. I just never understood why the need to eliminate it.

If you never understood it you weren't listening when we told you. The database we had was heavily integrated and leveraged into a portal page that had to go away to upgrade the message board software to improve the site as a whole. Instead of rebuilding with such interdependence, we're pulling it clean so it can exist as a standalone in a site linked through here.

I was wondering if any one had info if the mods were going to put back intro to the site. I thought that was soo cool! I would watch that video intro over and over again when it was up! Any one have info on the intro page making a return to the page? Thanks... :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :logo: :logo: :logo:

I will tell you one thing that I do miss is the old intro to the page. Does anyone know if that has a possibility of making a return to the site?

That will NEVER make it back. Not that way. Redskins.com is essentially the intro page.

We do have the small portal that leads from it at www.extremeskins.com/portal but that is just a generic placeholder bridge between the boards and the main Redskins.com site. The portal was a great thing, but EVERYTHING else we did was so heavily integrated it is hard to get it all ready to be a standalone somewhere else.

• 4 weeks later...
I believe someone at HR.com hacked in and stole the one we had, so you can still use it there. We are also upgrading ours and will have it individually available. We're trying to add some cross functional links to news items and the like, but we're not sure where that'll go.

Yeah, maybe. Obviously it's got a similar look and feel. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But I doubt anyone stole the data. You'd have to hack the database server, understand the underlying schema, etc...plus it seems like data is still being added in the more recent seasons which tells me someone with bleeding fingers is hand jamming that thing. I would think Rich Tandler would have the biggest beef if they didn't get permission to use his game recaps...that's not public information like stats.

Archived