Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP:Legal case settled, but Redskins' Taylor still has an attitude(Merged AGAIN)

lilg3307

they wrote a article on sean taylor on redskins.com. it said he still has an attitude and etc.. they have to understand that no1 likes to talk about there past. especially with wat he went through. he said he want's a fresh start. kinda hard to do that when people keep asking him about the same issue. am i wrong? please reply.

Boy they certainly cut and paste to give a certain impression don't they? I saw almost all of those clips in their entirity on Comcast, here and NFL network and didn't get even a slight impression that Sean wasn't appreciative, had been working hard (haven't we seen him lifting weights even before the OTAs began?) and whatever.

Oh well, I guess Gibbs just can't control THAT WACKY TAYLOR!

LOok OuT! Rick Balou, Taylors got a guN!!!! AAaaah!

And he won't call Gibbs back!!!! He is evil!!!

they wrote a article on sean taylor on redskins.com. it said he still has an attitude and etc.. they have to understand that no1 likes to talk about there past. especially with wat he went through. he said he want's a fresh start. kinda hard to do that when people keep asking him about the same issue. am i wrong? please reply.

Exactly where on Redskins.com is this "attitude" article?

Thread title edited to comply with the Rules.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

theres another one too....

No there's not. It's the same AP article. Hence the merged threads.

If you're going to post an article, please follow these few simple steps:

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted.

If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts.

Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131906

Otherwise, you may find yourself in 'the group'.

he needs to get at least 2 years of trouble free football out of the way

If this article was about TO you guys would be ripping him a new one

You're right about one thing- he certainly needs a season or two of just playing football without all the off the field and sometimes on the field drama. That stuff has just driven me nuts so far- it's painfully clear one of the biggest reasons he hasn't gotten the national exposure he should have is because he's regarded as kind of a punk, when a good bit of it his fault. Hopefully with the case done, and a new kid (?), he can learn to settle down and play football with his head on straight. That whole article though just seemed to paint Taylor as this bad-boy who was at odds with Gibbs. The real truth is that Taylor was the first one at Redskins Park when it opened last spring for optional training, even before Gibbs got there. And all reports indicate he's done the best he could around his trial schedule.

If this article were the exact same but with "Terrell Owens" instead of "Sean Taylor" as the name though, I wouldn't say anything about it, because it says at the bottom how well he gets along with his teammates. I'm not gonna judge a guy harshly based purely on how the media reports his "bad" behavior if in the very same article they say that he supposedly gets along really well with his teammates and coaches- obviously somethings not adding up in the reporting to begin with then.

he needs to get at least 2 years of trouble free football out of the way

If this article was about TO you guys would be ripping him a new one

It takes 1 year to get a bad reputation, and 10 years to lose it. No telling how fans will view him in 10 years, but from an objective viewpoint, he faces an uphill battle.

To be clear, the article on Sean Taylor was part of Redskins.com AP Newswire Feed. So the article was written by AP Sportswriter Joseph White, not a Redskins.com writer.

For another take on the media session: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=17720

Anyone who watches the Taylor interview on Redskins.com TV can tell that he wasn't antagonistic. Maybe a little defensive, but he seems to have a guarded personality anyway. I don't know what Joseph White was getting at here...

you guys have to understand. These media writers are nerds. I have seen that at redskins park. They wear glasses and are geaky. And they get offended over little things. Taylor already answered the question if he was glad that he court case was behind him. He said " i already answered that. And i guess the writer who asked the same question wrote the article.

Writers are usually nerds in high school that got made fun of. And now they try to make athletes life a living hell.

To me, this is an example of a media member coming in with a story idea (Sean Taylor has an attitude) and then picking and choosing the quotes and information to support that article. I'm not saying Sean Taylor is a saint; obviously he has issues, and I was really not a fan of the fact that he skipped the mandatory rookie symposium or the offseason workouts. I don't like guys who have the attitude that they're somehow exempt from the rules. At the same time, it bothers me when articles about Taylor try to paint him in a negative light and mention his drunk driving arrest - after all, he was acquitted.

I don't see where he was ignorant at all. They ask the same questions and try to put him out there and he tells it like it is. arrington is the lover of the media and will ridicule the team doing it. Sean' clip was all about the team.

Boy they certainly cut and paste to give a certain impression don't they? I saw almost all of those clips in their entirity on Comcast, here and NFL network and didn't get even a slight impression that Sean wasn't appreciative, had been working hard (haven't we seen him lifting weights even before the OTAs began?) and whatever.

Oh well, I guess Gibbs just can't control THAT WACKY TAYLOR!

LOok OuT! Rick Balou, Taylors got a guN!!!! AAaaah!

And he won't call Gibbs back!!!! He is evil!!!

Ballou is an idiot and he has no job being in the sports world. I used to listen to Sporting News Radio a while back on WJFK and in the midst of football season, this fool goes and talks about baseball. I remember that before last season, he thought it was possible that we were going to be the worst team in the NFL.

The fact that they refer to his fines as "for late hits and other on-field incidents" when we all know most of his fines were for uniform discrepencies shows the bias and the picture being painted. I watched the same interview they did and somehow canme away with a completely different perception of what he was saying. I'm calling bull**** on this article....big time.

Archived