Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grilled Cheese

Westbrook36

With all due respect to your iron skillet, my aluminum griddle totally kicks ass. It is a commercial quality thick aluminum griddle that sits on top of two burners. There are no hot spots whatsoever. Perfect even temperature, and as flat as flat can be. It's so flat, it's actually a geometric wonder. I like to just look at it. We paid $100.00 for it in at Kitchen Bazaar like 20 years go. I take it with us on vacations, camping, tailgating whatever. It can grill sandwiches like nobody's business. :)
I just use a stainless skillet with copper bottom.

With all due respect to your iron skillet, my aluminum griddle totally kicks ass. It is a commercial quality thick aluminum griddle that sits on top of two burners. There are no hot spots whatsoever. Perfect even temperature, and as flat as flat can be. It's so flat, it's actually a geometric wonder. I like to just look at it. We paid $100.00 for it in at Kitchen Bazaar like 20 years go. I take it with us on vacations, camping, tailgating whatever. It can grill sandwiches like nobody's business. :)
Some of us aren't lucky enough to have gas ranges :( . So those griddles don't work too well on electric ranges. But iron skillets do! Plus, the skillet is more versatile.

Poor man's gravy? þ

Fried eggs? þ

Hommade soups? þ

Fried chicken þ

Real cornbread? þ

So, while an aluminum griddle is good, the iron skillet takes the upper hand with it's versatility! :D

<--- Likes grilled cheese on potato bread with Pepperjack Cheese and American Cheese.
I had that the other day. I was out of pepperjack though so I substituted extra sharp cheddar.

I actually used potato burger rolls and pressed them in the Foreman grill. Yummy.

Two strips of bacon frying in the skillet, two pieces of white bread frying in the skillet, two slices of real Deli-select cheese (none of these cheese-like slices) on said white bread, 1 Tblspn diced jalepenos, fresh piece if lettuce, freshly sliced tomatoes from the local farmers market. Plus a bowl of cream of crab soup with a dash of hot sauce.

MMMM-MMMMM. Time for lunch!

Archived