Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which New Coach Will Have the Best Record?

jimster

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it's a toss up between the Saints and Lions, but will go with the Lions. - I think the addition of Mike Martz and Kitna will bring that offense to life combined with the much needed discipline from their head coach. - Plus the fact they are in a division that has 2 other new head coaches.

The Saints are in a tougher division but will be a team to be reckoned with in a year or two.

The Chiefs are also in a tough division with new coaches and an offense that is another year older.

I think it's a toss up between the Saints and Lions, but will go with the Lions. - I think the addition of Mike Martz and Kitna will bring that offense to life combined with the much needed discipline from their head coach. - Plus the fact they are in a division that has 2 other new head coaches.

The Saints are in a tougher division but will be a team to be reckoned with in a year or two.

The Chiefs are also in a tough division with new coaches and an offense that is another year older.

Agreed, but I picked the Saints. :cheers:

I'm not entirely sure who will have the best among those...but for some reason I get the feeling that Eric Mangini will have a pretty good 1st season. Not saying the best by any means, but just a feeling I get. If I happen to be completely wrong..ah well, it happens:laugh:

herm edwards has inherited a playoff caliber team. a lot will be said about him if they dont make the playoffs

they won 10 games last year, but missed the playoffs. - If he can improve their defense they might hang in there, but they lost the guy that has been running that offense. - I have a feeling the offense will go through an adjustment period.

...BTW, I think KC would be a great fit for Ty Law.

I'm going with the Rams in a "sleeper" pick.

They already have a great Offense, and Linehan is a great Offensive guy. With Bulger back and healthy, they could have a new and improved Greatest Show on Turf. Linehan is also more commited to the run.

They play in a weak division as well. Not to mention when they're winning, the EJ Dome is a tough place to play.

I'm going with the Rams in a "sleeper" pick.

They already have a great Offense, and Linehan is a great Offensive guy. With Bulger back and healthy, they could have a new and improved Greatest Show on Turf. Linehan is also more commited to the run.

They play in a weak division as well. Not to mention when they're winning, the EJ Dome is a tough place to play.

These were good points. I might've voted for the Rams if I had thought about all of this first :mad: . I think the best point there is the division they play in. Rams have all the pieces for a solid offense, and facing the 49er's and the Cardinals 4 times a year doesn't hurt, so I could see them doing pretty well. It'll really help if they get Jackson going in the running game too, he could be explosive on that turf.

I still voted the Chiefs though. I think Edwards has a lot of good offensive pieces to the puzzle there, and losing Saunders is a bit of a blow but they have a lot of coaches left over from Saunders' system, so it won't drop off that much. I don't think anyone will be too upset if Edwards doesn't get them to the playoffs this year- he pretty much has to start over from ground zero on the defense and do things like teach the players how to actually make a tackle. If they can't make it two years from now though, that'll be a different story. The other question mark is Trent Green, since it seems like we're getting closer to his final hour and who knows what they'll do when he leaves.

On the other hand, I think the Raiders will be a show next season. Aaron Brooks as their QB? Art Shell dusted off as their coach? Outside of Michael Huff, that defense still looks a bit hurting on paper. Sounds like an experiment destined for disappointment to me. It still makes me bitter to think about how we lost that game to them last year, such a disgrace.

I'd say the Lions based on their division. I think they're good for about 8-9 wins. Mike Martz proved in Washington that he could get solid offense with average players and we all know what he did in St. Louis (immediately no less - remember he didn't come on until 1999).

Minny, Chic, and GB all are flawed teams. Put the Lions in the NFC East and they're a 5 win team. In the North, there's hope.

Archived