Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fireworks! Muwhahahah. Vid that I will reproduce this year!

The 12th Commandment

That was freaking great. How pissed would you be if that happened to you? I was awoken in a hotel one night (in a bad part of town) with fireworks going off right outside the window. In my sleepy state, thought it was automatic gunfire and dove into the tub. Once the cobwebs cleared, I realized what happened.

That was freaking great. How pissed would you be if that happened to you? I was awoken in a hotel one night (in a bad part of town) with fireworks going off right outside the window. In my sleepy state, thought it was automatic gunfire and dove into the tub. Once the cobwebs cleared, I realized what happened.

:laugh: :laugh:

That's crazy man - I don't think I have a "dive into the tub" instinct.

Well, I am of German decent. ;) I find other peoples misfortunes are hilarious as long as it's somewhat lighthearted and no one really gets hurt. I wouldn't be alone there.

Have you ever had moments of sheer panic like this guy did, when your higher brain functions haven't had the chance to catch up with your biological "oh ****" functions for a few seconds? It's lighthearted and funny afterwards, sure, usually, but those moments are like a year of normal life and I'm convinced take a year OFF your normal life.

I've had a handful of those moments over the years, and I'm still not all that happy about the handful of years I've lost off the back end of my alloted lifespan. :)

Have you ever had moments of sheer panic like this guy did, when your higher brain functions haven't had the chance to catch up with your biological "oh ****" functions for a few seconds? It's lighthearted and funny afterwards, sure, usually, but those moments are like a year of normal life and I'm convinced take a year OFF your normal life.

I've had a handful of those moments over the years, and I'm still not all that happy about the handful of years I've lost off the back end of my alloted lifespan. :)

You're a better man than me, Om. I have removed far more of those "end of the line" years through self indulgence than through being scared ****less. I don't begrudge those who got me (or my indulgences :D ), I just make it a point to see that they get theirs.

Really, having your senses brought to such a high level of reaction is probably good for you. Kind of like the rush of endorphins you get after eating some really hot chile. Most extreme sport participants get addicted to that sensation and talk about a heightened awareness the achieve the rest of the time. Personally, I'll stick with my addiction to hot chile.

Archived