Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo back on the radio soon... For Dan...

Kosher Ham

I did a search and this didnt come up. So I posted for all that have been wondering what exactly happened to Riggo on Sirius.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/66925.htm

June 2, 2006 -- The greatest receiver of all time is on the verge of becoming a radio talk-show host, according to sources.

Sirius Satellite Radio is close to signing Jerry Rice to be a host for its NFL channel.

Rice still could add a TV gig, since he has interviewed with the NFL Network. However, after Rice made a less-than-inspiring guest appearance on CBS' NFL Today last season, he has not been in huge demand from TV executives.

The format of Sirius NFL Radio could help Rice. Without the limitations of TV's tight segments, Rice will be able to fully explain his thoughts. Plus, callers will likely be excited to speak with an NFL legend.

Rice's effectiveness likely will come down to whether his legendary work ethic translates from the field to the air.

In his first season out of football last year, Rice hopscotched along the reality row, making appearances on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars'' and Spike TV's "Pros vs. Joes.''

Sirius also is close to signing Fox Sports' Daryl (Moose) Johnston.

"When we have something to announce, we'll announce it,'' a Sirius spokesman said.

The openings at Sirius were created when John Riggins left to work for Daniel Snyder's new Redskin radio network.

Ahh...but what Riggo will we hear? The Pro-Skins Riggo? Or the Riggo that feels the need to prove that he is not loyal to any team and will bash the Skins every chance he gets.

Loved him as a player...couldn't stand his pandering on the radio.

Riggo was great on Sirius. I listened to him daily. As luck would have it, I sold my car shortly before his departure from Sirius. When I heard he wasn't going to be back I decided to pass on getting it back. Now it sounds like I'll have a chance to listen to him for free. So that definitely works for me!

btw,

When will Snyder's radio stations launch?

I like Riggo too.

He and Sonny (when they're on the Redskin Report together) are like my two different personalities.

Sonny looks at things as if nothing will go wrong. He always gives a 'best-case' scenario. Riggo is like me when I'm cautious...you can tell he WANTS them to do well but is sometimes skeptical.

I enjoy hearing both veiwpoints because I've usually gone through their points in my head already!

I like the Riggo that is Mr. Negative actually. Its nice to have the anti-homer for once.

Look a Moose on Fox. You'd think Jerry Jones was still paying him during the broadcasts.

I actually think both Johnston and Aikman do a very good job on broadcasts and stay fairly balanced. Because they were both Cowboys they will have much more indepth info on them so it may sound biased but I think they stay pretty fair.

btw,

When will Snyder's radio stations launch?

Good firggin question!!!! It seems like forever since I've heard some Redskins radio. I miss the Monday night broadcasts on WJFK. Heck, I even miss the little Redskins blurbs they use to do in between commercials with Sonny. :(

Ahh...but what Riggo will we hear? The Pro-Skins Riggo? Or the Riggo that feels the need to prove that he is not loyal to any team and will bash the Skins every chance he gets.

Loved him as a player...couldn't stand his pandering on the radio.

we will hear the 'Daniel Snyder's Riggo', once he starts to sign his checks.

Riggo the player and person during his playing years was great, in fact awesome, Riggo the person during his broadcast years has been a DOG. In fact that's an insult to K-9's, cause I got two of them they are at least loyal.

He crapped on the skins one to many times for me.

Archived