Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your BIGGEST worry?

MRMADD

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think my biggest worry is healthy if these guys can stay healthy and secondly, I have to say chemistry how the new guys blend in the old guys.
Well BigRay,

I second exactly what you said / Chemistry & Injuries are the biggest worries.

If the Skins can keep the team healthy?

Then this will be a record breaking season.

:point2sky

Hail to the Redskins

Thiesmann was the same way. Knocked 2 teeth out in a game and still played

I feel that Brunnell made a big combackKK last season.

He showed that he still has what it takes to be a Winner.

With the Skins Great coaching staff and the New Reciever crew we got in free agency, Mark Brunnell will be able to either hand off the ball to our Great backs, or throw a Touchdown?

Brunnell will be just fine this Season!!

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory

:point2sky

As I see it, the Skins are a pretty talented bunch. Washington, Griffin, Taylor, Moss, Portis, Samuels, Jansen, Cooley -- I don't think there's any team that wouldn't snap up that group. But they do have weaknesses.

1. I think, first and foremost, Brunell has to be a concern. He's pretty old, and, despite his resurgence last year, the hits he's taken over the years have to add up to some serious injury risk. While any QB is always one good hit away from the training room, Brunell is especially vulnerable.

2. Then there's the offensive line. You've got Thomas coming back from serious injury, and Jansen just had surgery. Raybach has that mangled leg. Dockery may be healthy, but he's still the weakest link. To top it off, there is just no depth at all along the line.

3. Next there's the linebacking corps. Washington is great, but it's a steep decline after that. Everyone has penciled in an undersized rookie 2nd round pick as a starter -- that's not a good sign.

4. The defensive secondary is also very, very thin. The starters, Springs, Taylor, Archuleta, and Rogers are pretty damn good, but there's not much behind them.

I think the receiving corps obviously looks strong, the running backs have experienced depth, TEs look good, and even the DL, a perennial problem, has improved with the addition of Carter. The kicking game doesn't bother me that much, even though the punter is unsettled.

So which one of the four areas do you regard as the Skins biggest worry?

Wow!! With all these holes, we're DONE!!! :D

It just "MAY" be :silly: too early to tell where our weaknesses are, I'm thinking a good training camp and a few preseason games may ease some of your concerns. If you think of it, bring this thread back the first week of September and see how peoples views have or haven't changed.

My biggest concern in the o-line. As it sits with our starters we have a top 5 unit. If one guy goes down with injury our o-line goes from stalwart to turnstyle in 2.5 seconds.

Depth there is a major concern. We saw Brunell have a career year with solid line performance throughout last season. As soon as Thomas went down Brunell's performance depreciated at an alarming rate and our running game went from averaging over 100 per game to less than 50.

The kicker is a worry, albeit not as glaring as offensive line. Hall is capable but injury prone. If he can remain healthy we'll be fine.

I htink we ahve a good OL. But yes dockery weakest link and he will probley be gone next year and our first rounder will go to OL. But having surgery in the nfl is like getting a piss test. These guys have good doctors and theropist to help them. Rabauch just cut his skin, and in redskins radio people have talked about not even seeing a scare. Thomas didnt break his skull he just had betts take a dive into his leg and if you have ever broken your leg they heal alright. Jansens second year from injury same ole guy, samuel rock solid, dockery well i think he is the fattest guy on the line. I do believe bugel said "he has the most potential" because he kind of sucks.

There is not a team in the NFL that has great proven depth at the offensive tackle position, IMO.

The main thing that a salary cap hampers is depth. At nearly any position.

Who do the Cowboys have at QB after Bledsoe ? Romo sits to pee and Henson who are barely more game experienced than Campbell, who hasnt taken a snap.

Who do the Giants have behind Manning at QB ? Two more guys who are unproven.

The Eagles have pathetic depth at the RB position. Oft injured Buckhalter and a bunch of guys who didnt even score last season.

My biggest worries are that the new additions can get up to speed with the playbook. Offensively and defensively.

This team is going to be as good as its weakest link and the weakest link is clearly at the QB position. The only Question is, how weak is it? If I remember correctly Brunnell has started 23 games since he has been here and about 13 - 15 of them were horrible (Very good games to the Brunnell fans), about 5 - 6 adequate (probowl type games to the Brunnell fans), and 3 -4 being pretty solid games (all universe/life altering type games to the Brunnell fans). Can his consistency improve? If it does can he stay healthy? Or, will this teams playoff chances again depend on how far it can take Brunnell?

My biggest worry is that Mark Brunell gets a leg injury and turns back into the 2004 version of Mark Brunell.

BTW, I think its b.s. we gave up a 3rd round pick for the guy. The Jags were looking to get rid of him and there wasnt too much interest. This is one thing I really dont like about the Skins' FO.

My biggest worry is that Mark Brunell gets a leg injury and turns back into the 2004 version of Mark Brunell.

BTW, I think its b.s. we gave up a 3rd round pick for the guy. The Jags were looking to get rid of him and there wasnt too much interest. This is one thing I really dont like about the Skins' FO.

Gibbs had alot of interest in Brunell.

Archived