Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How close did the Lerners come to getting the Redskins?

PCRoughrider

Does anyone remember? It was mentioned, last week, that they were one of the groups that tried to buy the Redskins back in the '90's.

Well, in any event, we'll get to see how they are at running a sports franchise and, perhaps, speculate how they'd done owning the Redskins.

I want to say they were in 4td place in the sweepstakes. The group that was in 2nd place was led by some guy named Dolan, who owned what was known as cablevision back in 1999, and John Cooke was in 3rd with his 660 million dollar bid

Once Snyder got his group going after the Milstein bid failed, he was told by the estate that if he got up to 800 million the team was his. And thusly you had the largest sale of a pro sports team in history

Here is a good link to the stories of the sale of the Washington Redskins

http://wpni.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/1999/sale/keystoriesjan99.htm

the Lerners better spend some money on the nats or they will stink as much as the O'S because they have the worst owner in sports...Okay so he got miguel Tejada in my opinion the best Shortstop in the game. They also have some good hitting talent on that team. BUT!! they have NO PITCHING!! you can't win without pitching. They need to spend some serious dollars and get 2 or 3 solid pitchers if they want to contend. They haven't and look at the recored....14 and 19

• 1 month later...
I want to say they were in 4td place in the sweepstakes. The group that was in 2nd place was led by some guy named Dolan, who owned what was known as cablevision back in 1999, and John Cooke was in 3rd with his 660 million dollar bid

Once Snyder got his group going after the Milstein bid failed, he was told by the estate that if he got up to 800 million the team was his. And thusly you had the largest sale of a pro sports team in history

I had to bring this back up to mention the bullet the Redskins dodged! Imagine the Dolans, current owners of the New York Knicks, the worst professional sports franchise in America, owning our Redskins. :whew:

I had to bring this back up to mention the bullet the Redskins dodged! Imagine the Dolans, current owners of the New York Knicks, the worst professional sports franchise in America, owning our Redskins. :whew:

Bryan Mitchell kept comparing what has happenned to the Knick to Snyder and the '00 Redskins talking about signing names isn't going to win you championship's. Someone is still BITTER about what happenned 6 year's ago.

The Dolan family has had their hands in a lot of pro sports teams. Charles and son Jimmy (CEO Cablevison) own the Knicks and NY Rangers, as well as Madison Square Garden. Charles brother Larry owns the Cleveland Indians. They were one of the groups who bid on the Browns franchise back in '98. Then they tried to get the Redskins. At one point I think they tried to buy the BoSox. I don't think the NFL wanted anything to do with them. And being that MSG is the top venue in NYC, the Dolans have tried to block the new staduim proposal in NYC. That's why they moved the draft out of the Garden.

I would completely disagree with Fury010. I am a real estate professional in the MD-DC area and have worked closely with Marc Lerner, his brother in law's Eddie Cohen and Bobby Tanenbaum. They are as classy a bunch as you could ask for. I am not a whole hearted baseball fan but I hope they do a terrific job with the Nats

Dolans: Vinny Cerrato, your the Head Coach of the Washington Redskins and you only get one season...

Isiah would have been our coach :laugh: :laugh: :doh: :doh:

Dolan owns the Knicks and look at that mess :laugh: :doh:

Archived