Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Move Up For McIntosh or Jackson?

RIDETHEWALRUS

I was following the draft on TV and right after the Texans made their second round pick a buddy of mine called me up and told me we had moved up in the draft. Initially I was skeptical because nothing had been announced. Two picks later the Skins selected McIntosh. I am curious if we were targeting DeQwell Jackson and settled on McIntosh after the Browns took Jackson.

Now I know that Rocky had a very good visit here, and i am also aware that Williams likes smart LBs for his scheme so I believe that Rocky was our guy all along.

What do yall think, were we targeting Jackson?

I had that same thought as soon as D'Qwell went off the board. We traded up before Cleveland made the pick, so we might have thought he'd still be there. But I believe McIntosh was the guy all along as well, or that the FO would have been happy with either one of them. :whoknows:

i personally was really hoping for DeQwell as soon as I got the call, but I think you may be right.

McIntosh is suppossed ti be extremely intelligent and that will allow him to contribute immediately. From what friends have told me about Jackson at UMD, he isn't the brighest bulb in the house. Plus there is a huge "U" connection that probably played into the decision making process.

I can't root against a UMD alum, but I sure hope Rocky turns into an absolute beast.

I don't think Jackson had a formal visit with them. He was at the local players workout but he made it sound like he was just there supporting his fellow UMd teammates and talked as if there was nothing going on between him and the Redskins.

I had that same thought as soon as D'Qwell went off the board. We traded up before Cleveland made the pick, so we might have thought he'd still be there. But I believe McIntosh was the guy all along as well, or that the FO would have been happy with either one of them. :whoknows:

i echo jrock sentiments. i think our fo would have been happy w/ either one. w/ the post-draft quotes i heard, it seems as though rocky was our guy, though.

Not everybody is willing to trade their draft picks regardless of whether or not the points match up. Heck sometimes teams value a different set of draft value points over another. Also we had to use a future pick once again to get value in this draft so we may not have had alot of takers. I think the Jets were the only takers for or trade offer and that is why we traded with them.

I am certain we traded up before that, or I am going to start asking my buddy for lotto numbers.

We traded up because there was a major drop off in talent after a certain group of guys and our 53rd pick would be worthless if all of those guys were gone. Those guys were quickly falling of the board, so we could either stay put and get nothing or trade up and get some value.

We traded up because there was a major drop off in talent after a certain group of guys and our 53rd pick would be worthless if all of those guys were gone. Those guys were quickly falling of the board, so we could either stay put and get nothing or trade up and get some value.

I agree, but I still wish I knew who we were targeting.

On a side note, after that run on LBs I was surprised to see Abdul Hodge didn't get taken sooner. I really thought that that kid has a ton of potential.

it seems like when dqwell went off the board, we moved in for rocky. i think he was our guy all along, but gibbs hasnt said that. last year carlos was the guy all along, gibbs even said it. im curious to know if rocky was the guy all along

I also was thinking the same thing. However, I'm pretty sure that Gibbs said in the McIntosh press conference that Rocky was the guy all along.

Archived