Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd -- showboat or substance?

DoggieStyle

He and Chris Chambers have the best set of hands in the league. I'm more than okay with that. Go watch him own Terrance Newman in the 9ers/Boys game last year. He killed Dallas.

I do like how he played on another team that has a big rivalry with Dallas.

I disagree that Lloyd has some of the best hands in the league.

It is true that he makes some circus cathces, but he also drops some easy balls. Right now he is inconsistent, but I expect that will improve now that he won't be double covered and expecting to get laid our by a safety.

It is true that he makes some circus cathces, but he also drops some easy balls. Right now he is inconsistent, but I expect that will improve now that he won't be double covered and expecting to get laid our by a safety.

Question is...will he be tough enough to make catches over the middle while getting slammed by Roy Williams or Brian Dawkins, and still be able to hold on to the ball.

I hope so, but I think Lloyd better be prepared for a new breed of football during our NFC East games.

I liked the idea of Lloyd long before it happened. Fron everything I have seen he is a player that has the ability to become an even better reciever than what he has done to date. Given that he is now in the company of Moss & El two guys about his own age and Patten, Thrash two seasoned vets that are class acts.... This is a fantasic senerio for all 3 of these guys.

Also they know that they have a real opportunity of being togethger for the next 5 years. Along with AZ I think this group has a real chance to be the elite group of recievers over that span.

BL has the opportunity to be a 1000 yd guy for the Skins for the next 5 years as does Moss as does El. Cooley could be a 600 yard guy and CP can be a 400 yd reciever. Then there is Sellers and Betts and....

Okay so the real issue is Brunnels arm not falling off by game nine.

Lloyd has all the tools to be a star. Hopefully his time in the festering stinkhole that San Francisco has become since Steve Young left hasn't damaged his personality and work ethic too much. If he focuses his talent, he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl-caliber player.

Yeah I understand people's concerns --- let's remember how everyone was wary of Santana Moss and his inconsistent career with the Jets. Gibbs and co. found a way to maximize his talents and they'll do the same with Lloyd and Randel-El.

Is Brandon Lloyd more than a showboat? I'm wary of guys like him. Is he a regular contributor or someone in the mold of (holding breath) Deion?

I never liked Deon but he certainly was a playmaker. I believe that Lloyd will be a stud with the coaching that we have. He should be in man to man single coverage most of the time. He will burn single coverage. I predict that he could have a bigger year than Moss!

i agree that he doesn't have the best hands in the league. but he does have the best right hand;).

When lloyd was on the 49ers last year (before there was even a thought of him being on our team) I liked him. I watched him with an awful QB and he was good.

Now he has a better team, with a better QB throwing to him..he can't help but be as good as he was with the 49ers or most likely better!

Plus he'll have # 2 CB's on him instead of # 1 CB with single coverage alot of the time because of Cooley and Moss.

Lloyd is going to be good on our team.

Archived