Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could our defense stop our offense?

TaylorPickSix

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What a great question!!! Let me ask the question a different way first. WOULD our defense stop our offense? I don't know. COULD our defense stop our offense? Absolutely!!! This is a great great defense. This offense would have to be very good to beat it. I hope the offense is that good. Because if it is, WATCH OUT FOR THE 2006 WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something to ponder over during the offseason.

I just saw whoever's sig that has all our offensive players on it and says "What defense can stop this?" and made me think, would our defense even match up favorably with our offense?

I think in a 2 WR, run formation, then yes, our defense would be fine. The 4-3 front could contain portis to 3 yards a carry, put Washington on Cooley and Marshall on Fauria, with both starting recievers doubled. Portis normally stays in the backfield to block, so you can keep your WLB there to spy Brunell/Campbell.

However, things get interesting when Randle El and/or Patten come in. Get us out of the base 4-3 formation, and what do we do? Who do we cover? Double Moss with Springs and Archuleta, let Rogers do his best against Lloyd 1 on 1, and put Wright (or Griffin if we draft him) on Randle El with help from Taylor? Then you leave Lloyd 1-on-1, as well as Cooley (even though he'd have Washington in his face the whole time).

I know it would never happen, but just something fun to think about.

It will happen the whole training camp, our offense will spar our defense and after this camp, both sides will be ready for anyone :cheers:

can jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself cant lift it? i dunno, it depends how our offensive chemistry works out. our D is very good, but right now we wouldnt match up well with multiple reciever sets.

Our defense could stop a thundering herd of Monguls on horseback with spears and maces drawn and ready...Williams would just call a safety blitz and Sean Taylor would behead Attila the Hun, and any others unfortunate enough to get in his way!

nice

"the eternal conundrum 'what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object' was finally solved when chuck norris punched himself in the face"

Archived