Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Canon Compact Digital Camera Out

HOF44

If Arrington signs with the Giants, will you:  

177 members have voted

1. 1. If Arrington signs with the Giants, will you:

• Who is Arrington? I am a LOYAL redskins fan
    • Arrington got screwed over by the Skins. I'm buying my Blue Arrington Jersey ASAP
    • I will Root for Arrington as long as he's not playing against the skins

I have been looking for a very small digital camera to stick in a pocket and carry around. I heard about this one a couple months ago and its just now coming out.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon-PowerShot-SD700-IS-Digital-Elph-Camera/sem/rpsm/oid/148192/catOid/-13062/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It the Canon SD700IS. What I really liked about it was for a camera this size it has a 4x zoom. It also has ISO settings up to 800. The capper though was the IS(image stabilization). It uses the same sytem on this lense that the Canon EF lenses use. In a camera this small that feature alone is worth waiting for.

It also has an optical viewfinder. I just cna't get used to looking at an LCD screen to take a pic.

So if your looking for a top of the line compact camera this is the one.

i bought the canon sd400. 5mega pixel. its alrite, but its pretty bad indoors. but it is small and pretty rugged.

that one seems really nice tho, but i dont know, i have had better luck with nikons. you should check out the coolpix series. there also pretty small and have excellent picture quality. http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-13062/Ntk/All/Ntt/COOLPIX%20CAMERA/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

i bought the canon sd400. 5mega pixel. its alrite, but its pretty bad indoors. but it is small and pretty rugged.

Thats what this camera should address. The combination of the 800 ISO with image stabilization should allow for some pretty good pics indoors even without flash during the day.

check out ritz camera store if you are near one....they sell canon, along with a wide variety of other brands. they also have sample pics taken with the cameras, and the best by far for quality and price is the 5700 series and up of Nikkon....it blows canon out of the water.

also when buying a canon, you are paying more for the name than the quality. i'm not saying it's a bad camera, it's not, it's a great camera, it's just lower quality compared to others in that price range.

i just bought a nikkon 7100, and the price is about the same, but the quality is rediculous. i can pm a pic to anyone interested in seeing how insanely crystal clear and detailed the digital pics turn out.

check out ritz camera store if you are near one....they sell canon, along with a wide variety of other brands. they also have sample pics taken with the cameras, and the best by far for quality and price is the 5700 series and up of Nikkon....it blows canon out of the water.

Your talking about a completely different style of camera though. I agree that is a good camera, but try and fit it in your shirtpocket.

Also when buying a canon, you are paying more for the name than the quality. i'm not saying it's a bad camera, it's not, it's a great camera, it's just lower quality compared to others in that price range.

I do ok with my canon.

Your talking about a completely different style of camera though. I agree that is a good camera, but try and fit it in your shirtpocket.

good point.....but i actually have a case for mine, so it wouldn't matter for me.....my mom worked at ritz cameras and said almost every customer bringing in a damged camera was as a result of carrying it in their pocket, because those styles are extremely sensitive to even the slightest dust or dirt getting in the lens or the shutter door.

good point.....but i actually have a case for mine, so it wouldn't matter for me.....my mom worked at ritz cameras and said almost every customer bringing in a damged camera was as a result of carrying it in their pocket, because those styles are extremely sensitive to even the slightest dust or dirt getting in the lens or the shutter door.

Thats what extended warranties are for. :D

I have the big camera that takes great pics, I need something I can carry into the stadium and not worry to much about. So I'll get the extended warranty and have a good time.

Thats what extended warranties are for. :D

I have the big camera that takes great pics, I need something I can carry into the stadium and not worry to much about. So I'll get the extended warranty and have a good time.

i opted against it, the camera was more than i could afford, and nikkon's warranty was almost $100. i'll take my chances. but a pocket sized sure would be nice.

I have two cameras, both Nikion. I have the E5200 for a carry around and the D50 for my serious pics. As for the ruggedness some have talked about I carried the E5200 for 12 months in Iraq and never had any problems. The only annoying thing (it is really true for any tech stuff) is there are better cameras out there now for less.

When I was picking out a point-and-shoot camera for my Dad, I wanted as few buttons as possible, everything automatic, and a really big LCD (bad eyes). I got the Sony DSC-W5.

I fooled around with it a bit before giving it to him, and I was really impressed with how well it fit my hand. Really easy to use.

They make a W7 version that's identical, except it has 7Mp instead of Dad's 5. I'd recommend the 7 for almost everybody. (I would have got a 7 for Dad, but they were out and I figured, correctly, that he wouldn't use it, anyway.)

I'll also recommend a web page:Digital Camera HQ. Lots of good information there. (I took my tablet into Circuit City and used their wireless internet connection while I shopped.)

This is the one I was looking at.

Canon S2 IS 5.0MP 1.8"

12x Optical 48x Total

Image Stabilizer

Compact 5.0 Megapixel digital camera featuring super long 12x Optical /4x Digital / 48x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer technology, UD glass and Aspherical lens for excellent sharpness and color

Takes still images up to 5.0 Megapixels while shooting movies with the new, exclusive "MovieSnap" feature

High-quality 30 fps VGA continuous movie recording, with powerful features including optical zooming during the movie and Stereo Sound

DIGIC II Image Processor and iSAPS Technology for superior image quality, faster camera operation and lower power consumption

USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface for faster downloads and file transfers

1.8 inch Vari-Angle LCD screen for clear image previews and reviews, and special Night Display function option for clearer view of subjects in dim shooting conditions

Wide range of system accessories including supplementary lenses and HF-DC1 auxiliary flash unit

What's Included:

Canon PowerShot S2 IS Digital Camera

Accessories:

(4x) AA-size Alkaline Batteries

16MB SD Memory Card

Neck Strap

Lens Cap

Stereo Video Cable

Interface Cable

Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM

This is the one I was looking at.

Canon S2 IS 5.0MP 1.8"

12x Optical 48x Total

Image Stabilizer

Thats a nice camera, great zoom range and pretty fast lense. I would definetly try to get one with the IS. It really makes a difference. I am not sure of the pricing of the camera's or your budget, but here is the big brother to that one. The PowerShot S3 IS. The 2 differences are an extra megapixel of resolution, 6MP, and an ISO of up to 800, which allows for better low light shooting. So depending on the difference in cost you may want to look at it also.

You will really like either camera. Also get al least a 2GB card. You won't be sorry.

My father has a Canon A610. It takes phenomenal pictures and is very easy to use. Not really compact enough to fit into a shirt pocket. It has the chipset from their top of the line digitals, which is why he bought it. Event the digital zoom works great.

Huly,

You and I seem to have different definitions of a "compact" camera.

Although I do agree, a 12x optical zoom can come in handy sometimes. And You really can't do that in a compact camera.

I was looking smaller but they did not have the optical zoom pez wanted. Theey were at most 4X optical zoom. I just do not want something as big as the Rebel etc.

I have been looking for a very small digital camera to stick in a pocket and carry around. I heard about this one a couple months ago and its just now coming out.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon-PowerShot-SD700-IS-Digital-Elph-Camera/sem/rpsm/oid/148192/catOid/-13062/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It the Canon SD700IS. What I really liked about it was for a camera this size it has a 4x zoom. It also has ISO settings up to 800. The capper though was the IS(image stabilization). It uses the same sytem on this lense that the Canon EF lenses use. In a camera this small that feature alone is worth waiting for.

It also has an optical viewfinder. I just cna't get used to looking at an LCD screen to take a pic.

So if your looking for a top of the line compact camera this is the one.

HOF, I would recommend spending an additional $100 and getting the digital rebel rathern then spending $500 on this camera. Granted the rebel is larger, but it is soooo much better of a camera (it's a digital SLR for those who don't know) and then picking up a cheap sony for under $200.

I just can't see spending $500 on a 6mp camera when you can get a digital rebel ofr a few bucks more.

HOF, I would recommend spending an additional $100 and getting the digital rebel rathern then spending $500 on this camera. Granted the rebel is larger, but it is soooo much better of a camera (it's a digital SLR for those who don't know) and then picking up a cheap sony for under $200.

I just can't see spending $500 on a 6mp camera when you can get a digital rebel ofr a few bucks more.

I already have the Rebel XT, love everything about it but its size. I'm looking for a nice shirt pocket knock around camera.

Archived