Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice and Help needed.

Sherlock Holmes

Well the tickets are ordered (Section 402 on the 35 yard line row 15!) and the flights and hotels are ordered for the Titans game.

Im leaving London on the friday so will have all saturday in DC.

Whats the general consensus on what to do in DC? I mean we would like to do some site-seeing, and have a few drinks in a Sports bar/restaurant etc on Saturday. And on Sunday evening if we could find a Skins bar that would be great....

Also, how should we get down to Fedex Field? I've heard good things about the Metro? Im going to take some £ so where can you suggest i buy Redskins gear? Do they sell them in malls or is there some kind of official gear? If Lloyd or Randle El is playing well throughout the early part of the season then I might just buy a new jersey for the game!

And finally Tailgating....is there any cost to join the extremeskins tailgate? Because we would love to sample the atmosphere before the game.

Thanks in advance for your guys help!

I dont think there is any cost for the extremeskins tailgate, though I think they like donations if it's possible, but not mandatory.

If you go to Redskins.com, I think they have most redskins stores locations, usually in all the local malls, so Im pretty sure you will find one in a DC mall.

The Metro, I forgot the 2 stations, but again, the info is on redskins.com. One station drops you off about a mile from FedEx, but it is really not that far, especially sicne a lot of people do it. There is also a bus that takes you to FedEx from the station, 5$ per person.

Not sure about the bar and club scene in DC, but it definitely exists. Georgetown is a pretty nice place.

I dont think there is any cost for the extremeskins tailgate, though I think they like donations if it's possible, but not mandatory.

If you go to Redskins.com, I think they have most redskins stores locations, usually in all the local malls, so Im pretty sure you will find one in a DC mall.

The Metro, I forgot the 2 stations, but again, the info is on redskins.com. One station drops you off about a mile from FedEx, but it is really not that far, especially sicne a lot of people do it. There is also a bus that takes you to FedEx from the station, 5$ per person.

Not sure about the bar and club scene in DC, but it definitely exists. Georgetown is a pretty nice place.

Ah thanks a bundle i didnt realise redskins.com had that much info on travel etc.

:cheers:

One huge problem with bars and drinks for you

You are 15. This isn't Europe. You gotta wait till 21 here to drink

However, ESPNZone would be a great place for you to check out

As far as sight seeing, just go to the national mall and you will be set

Yeah i know what you are saying, but when i was down in Florida there were these sports restaurants with flatscreen TV's on the wall and you could select your game and stuff like that........in fact it was more of a restaurant than a Bar to be honest. Was wondering if anyone knows what im talking about?

For the Bar/Resturant scene, Georgetown is the place to hang out. As for sightseeing, get an all day fare card for the Metro. You can ride it all day for one fee. If you are unsure how to do it, there is plenty of help at all the Metro stops. DO NOT plan on driving or parking in downtown DC. The outlying Metro stations will have plenty of parking on a Saturday and I believe it is free on weekends. What to see in DC is pretty much dependent on weather and your personal interests. The Smithsonian is always a good bet, though. I would suggest the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History just across the mall from it. There is no Metro stop at FedEx yet but I think you can transfer to a bus and get there. Again, don't be afraid to ask. Have fun. DC is a great city to visit.

For the Bar/Resturant scene, Georgetown is the place to hang out. As for sightseeing, get an all day fare card for the Metro. You can ride it all day for one fee. If you are unsure how to do it, there is plenty of help at all the Metro stops. DO NOT plan on driving or parking in downtown DC. The outlying Metro stations will have plenty of parking on a Saturday and I believe it is free on weekends. What to see in DC is pretty much dependent on weather and your personal interests. The Smithsonian is always a good bet, though. I would suggest the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History just across the mall from it. There is no Metro stop at FedEx yet but I think you can transfer to a bus and get there. Again, don't be afraid to ask. Have fun. DC is a great city to visit.

Thanks for the props!:cheers:

ESPN Zone is going to be your best bet sportsbar wise. It's a lot like The Sports Cafe in London near Trafalgar Square but there is more to do. And everything is going to be cheaper over here. Art McDonough listed some good places to visit, but I also recommend the spy museum as well as the Washington monument and the Native American (Indian) Museum. All of these are within walking distance of each other. Enoy!

ESPN Zone is going to be your best bet sportsbar wise. It's a lot like The Sports Cafe in London near Trafalgar Square but there is more to do. And everything is going to be cheaper over here. Art McDonough listed some good places to visit, but I also recommend the spy museum as well as the Washington monument and the Native American (Indian) Museum. All of these are within walking distance of each other. Enoy!

Thanks again i'll be sure to check out ESPN Zone.

If you hit the national mall up, walk three or four blocks directly behind the U.S capitol building to Union Station for a cheap lunch and a diverse mix of crazy people, business professionals, and visiting students. There is a good gellato place in the National Gallery of Art's gift shop. Go to the top of the washingon monument for an unbeatable view of our capitol. The Vietnam memorial is breathtaking and poignant, though overwhelming for kids. Georgetown is a cant miss for shopping. If your looking for something cultural that is off the beaten tourist path head to the embassy district and check out some of the smaller art galleries like the Phillips collection. Finally Frank Ghery (spelling) the famous architect was commisioned to design the new addition to the corchran (art museum) so if that is complete by the fall you may want to check that out. Enjoy the district, it has a poor reputation in some areas, however, it is by far one of americas most beautiful, culturally important cities. BTW if you can stand to be near our President they offer guided tours of the Whitehouse.

If you hit the national mall up, walk three or four blocks directly behind the U.S capitol building to Union Station for a cheap lunch and a diverse mix of crazy people, business professionals, and visiting students. There is a good gellato place in the National Gallery of Art's gift shop. Go to the top of the washingon monument for an unbeatable view of our capitol. The Vietnam memorial is breathtaking and poignant, though overwhelming for kids. Georgetown is a cant miss for shopping. If your looking for something cultural that is off the beaten tourist path head to the embassy district and check out some of the smaller art galleries like the Phillips collection. Finally Frank Ghery (spelling) the famous architect was commisioned to design the new addition to the corchran (art museum) so if that is complete by the fall you may want to check that out. Enjoy the district, it has a poor reputation in some areas, however, it is by far one of americas most beautiful, culturally important cities. BTW if you can stand to be near our President they offer guided tours of the Whitehouse.

Thanks for all the props concerning d, sounds like some excellent things to do!

Whilst remaining politically correct, i think i'll pass on the white house trip. Lets just say if we're not blair fans, we're not going to be Bush fans.

Thanks for all the props concerning dc though, sounds like some excellent things to do!

While this really is not the place for a discussion on these lines, I feel you 100 percent. I didnt vote for bush, either time, and wouldnt vote for blair.

Hey man you can come up my crib. Every game day I have around six exocitc dancers come over. The fellas and I eat, drink and smoke good. The only problem is that you might have you eyes on all that azz walking around and not on the game. While the game is on you can catch a few lap dances. Slap some azz and some smoke a blunt. Sip on some Remy and have a dam good time. I live right next to the fed ex fields. So come on over. I will show you how the king gets down.

Hey man you can come up my crib. Every game day I have around six exocitc dancers come over. The fellas and I eat, drink and smoke good. The only problem is that you might have you eyes on all that azz walking around and not on the game. While the game is on you can catch a few lap dances. Slap some azz and some smoke a blunt. Sip on some Remy and have a dam good time. I live right next to the fed ex fields. So come on over. I will show you how the king gets down.

Riiiiight........ummmm i was looking for advice on sightseeing and nice CULTURAL things.....

Thanks anyhow...

Tom K has the right idea.

Here're some more websites:

Free Things To Do In DC

Fodor's Guides to DC

Top 10 Things to Do in DC

Here's a pretty good guide to nightlife and restaurants:

City Guide

And of course, you can print out your own maps and directions here:

Mapquest

Have fun. :)

WOW thats covered everything i wanted to find out!!! Nice one!!:cheers:

shoot sounds good to me....:cool:

Archived